Locals On Spot Beam

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have a question!! i was just thinking about "moving" i have family in the Killen, TX area, and i was thinking about doing a move there so i can know whats going in that area but my question is..
is the killeen locals on a spot beam, how can i tell

thanks for any help
i really learn a lot from this site

i have a question!! i was just thinking about "moving" i have family in the Killen, TX area, and i was thinking about doing a move there so i can know whats going in that area but my question is..
is the killeen locals on a spot beam, how can i tell

thanks for any help
i really learn a lot from this site

Sorry, but you couldn't get them in West Virginia. The only locals I can think of that are CONUS are Denver, New York, and Chicago. I've heard Columbus, Ohio is, but I think it's different than 110 or 119?

Cade

well dang i was hoping to get them, so that i could at least have network stations to watch!! if i decide to do a move to one of those thats on the CONUS , what do i tell dish network when i want to change my address!! because i have never really done this before and i don't want to miss anything up or get caught

and where or not if they are in hd or not is not a big deal at the moment if that helps! i was just wanting network stations since dish network does not offer locals in my area at this time

and where or not if they are in hd or not is not a big deal at the moment if that helps! i was just wanting network stations since dish network does not offer locals in my area at this time

Then why not move to Roanoke, or DC? Someplace where you are inside the spotbeam.

so roanoke is not on a spot beam?? so how is the best way to do this!! do i just call dish up and tell them that i moved and got someone else to install everything?

If you are on the first page of the dish network forum look up at the top right side for "search this forum" option.

search for "moving" or "spot beams"

you will be able to look at past threads on the "moving" topic for some tips.

Also on the very top of the page there is a link to The List!
Click on that and then on a link to subscription sat service lists
.It shows all the sats with their channels and what spot beam each channel is on.
I know there are spot beam maps- but you may have to search the web to get to those?? Can't remember where I looked at them before.

SatelliteGuys.US - TheList

SatelliteGuys.US - Search Forums

Also, you may want to keep the RSN thing in mind. You don't say anything about sports in your post (so I don't know if you are a baseball, hockey, or basketball fan), but keep in mind that if you move somewhere different, it will likely change you're Regional Sports Network (unless you move somewhere close). I'm just putting this out here as an example (and don't know what RSN you get) but if you get, say, FSN Pittsburgh and MASN, but end up moving to Denver, you'll lose those two RSNs and will then get FSN Rocky Mountain (I think it is) and Altitude. It would also change the time in your program guide to Mountain Standard Time.

Cade

Also (as for how to move), I've always just picked out a Super 8, Hampton Inn, movie theater, McDonald's, or something like that and give them the street address and then add an apartment number (or letter) to it. The last time I moved, I picked a movie theater and then just added C to the back.

For example: 112 Satellite Guys Drive C

Cade

cool thanks for the help i really appreciate all of the help that yall have given me!! this website is wonderful and there are so many people that are willing to help!!!

thanks again for all the help i appreciate it

so roanoke is not on a spot beam?? so how is the best way to do this!! do i just call dish up and tell them that i moved and got someone else to install everything?

Roanoke is on a spot beam on 110 sat. They do not currently carry HD locals.
To do this, you go to ekb.dbstalk.com and look at the link for local channels (under programming). That will tell you what sat the locals are on.

You then go to "Dish Channel Chart" for the sat you found. Search down for the city (Roanoke). This will list the channels as on spot 25S5 (transponer 25, spotbeam 5.)

Finally, you go to James long's pages, listed under technical as "Individual Maps of 110 and 119 spotbeams" and look up 25s5. Click "view" for that transponder, and you will see that you are in the footprint of the spotbeam.

I would try this for a couple of other cities as well. For example, Washington DC locals are on the same spotbeam, but there are HD locals available on the 61.5 sat, so you might want to "move" there instead if you are interested in HD.

Very quickly here are the channels which are conus (SD only), so you can 'move' without issue

Providence

Chicago (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX)
Denver (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX

NYC (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW)
Atlanta (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX via NPS)
S.F. (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX via NPS)

Erie
Sioux City
Columbus
Wausau
Charleston
Dayton
Witcha Falls
Clarksberg-Weston
Charllotesville

Medford
Cheyene
Lubbock
Casper
Rapid City
San Anglo
Abilene-Sweetwater

cool thanks for the other posts i will take a look at those and make a decision, because sports aren't an issue, i just want to be able to get network programming, something that is closer to where I live it really doesn't have to be hd, si will probable take a look at Roanoke or Charleston

i know this is gonna soudn stupid but how do we know which satelites our dish is pointed at? i have a 500 but is there any way how i can looki in the menu and see where im aimed. i know 110 and 119 hvae to be two of them since i get the top 250 with no isses.

i know this is gonna soudn stupid but how do we know which satelites our dish is pointed at? i have a 500 but is there any way how i can looki in the menu and see where im aimed. i know 110 and 119 hvae to be two of them since i get the top 250 with no isses.

MENU, 6, 1, 3...

For me, it's 110 and 119 and I can only get Chicago, New York, or Denver (but already get Atlanta and San Francisco through NPS).

Cade

menu 6-1-3 works, but it requires some savvy. An easier way is to look for these channels:

9900 - You re receiving signal from Sat @ 110
9901 - Sat @ 129
9902 - Sat @ 61.5
9903 - Sat @ 118
9904 - Sat @ 148
9905 - Sat @ 121

If you actually have a Dish 500, the only one you will be able to receive is 9900 as the D500 is generally setup to receive 110 and 119.

But, do not forget to tell Dish to keep sending your bill to your old address, unless you are on paperlerss billing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)