Locals Only Price

If he's using a DVR that requires the fee (the 501/508's do not, of course) then it sounds right on target:

no-AT pkg access fee - $6
locals only - $6
DVR fee - $6

You might want to ask if the locals only pkg f/$10 might still be available - it's what I have now (locals & access combined f/$10) but is probably no longer available to new subs, but it doesn't hurt to ask... ;) :)

I have a DVR but don't really need it. I have a hddvr612 and a hd211. I own both of them. I just want to drop down to locals onto my HD211.

I guess when I call them I need to be more specific. BTW not a new sub, been with dish for about 8 years. Looks like, 12 should be the right price.

You could pay the $40 one time fee and get DVR function by connecting an external hard drive to the 211.

I think Dish done away with the $9.99 locals only package when they rid of the Family Package.

putter, programming is account level. You can't drop programming on 1 receiver without affecting the other. Assuming you meant deactivating the 612 and just going 211 locals only, the first receiver would be charged (higher price than the normal 7$ sd solo price) due to not being a qualified package for the first receiver free promotion. (most customers have as long as they don't drop below DishFamily

I was told by dish if I downgraded and only had one 211HD receiver I would pay $ 11.99 for just my locals. You also have to own the receiver and not lease it.

I was told by dish if I downgraded and only had one 211HD receiver I would pay $ 11.99 for just my locals. You also have to own the receiver and not lease it.

That piece of information would send a red flag in my mind immediately.

11.99 for 1 211 and locals
or
17.99 for 1 612 and 211 with locals.

I see the 6$ per month for the DVR added but own or lease, you're paying for that extra receiver. I think you were given incorrect information by a CSR who didn't refresh the system properly.