Locals Out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
WNEP's tower and WVIA's antenna came down at 6:50 this morning, cutting power to all other analog/digital stations. WBRE (NBC) came back on at Noon, with no problems remaining, other than for DISH to reset a receiver to make it viewable, which it did). WBRE-DT, WYOU-DT and WYOU Analog remain off the air due to a power pole being sliced in two by a broken WNEP guy wire. WNEP's tower is blocking the access road meaning the power company can't get to the site to restore power, and with live power cables on the ground, we are not walking there. We have a crew building a new access to our sites and hope to restore power sometime Monday. In the meanwhile, we have expanded our fiber feeds to Comcast and have asked both DirecTV and DISH to bring in KWY from Philadelphia until we are back on. So far, only DirecTV has complied. For being back on, our official estimate is Thursday/Friday. Our optimistic outlook is Monday for digitals.

WNEP's website claims they're back on Dish, but they're not.

For being back on, our official estimate is Thursday/Friday. Our optimistic outlook is Monday for digitals.

I am served by the Binghamton, New York area which is 70 miles north of Scranton. Neither Dish or Direct offer our locals and for good reason I suppose. If this disaster had occurred in this area it would of been Thursday or Friday before anyone would of even noticed(or cared). :rolleyes:

pittsburgh locals out again nbear end of 60 minutes and survivor finale tonight, i am watching survivor with alligator test jumpers and a rf remote antenna..........

E will likely lose some local subs over this.

you must not be watching theres a slate stating were broke we know dont call, it was out during survivor finale

Maybe it was an SD/HD thing. I watched the entire Steelers game in HD and was able to put Survivor on after I read your post about it. I didn't even think to check the SD feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts