locals question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
spotbeam question how far can I get locals west and southwest of me I am in zip code 40744 and area code 606
I would like to "move" to another city west or southwest of me I prefer a city near or in tornado alley or the dixie alley

spotbeam question how far can I get locals west and southwest of me I am in zip code 40744 and area code 606
I would like to "move" to another city west or southwest of me I prefer a city near or in tornado alley or the dixie alley

It depends on hd or sd. The hd spotbeams are smaller than the sd ones. You might get 100-200 miles on the hd and 200-400 on the sd ones. It depends on the area, some are larger than others. Maybe someone from your region has a better answer for you.

SD is what I am on and I would like to see BMH or huntsville alabama or OKC oklahoma something like that maybe memphis tn

SD is what I am on and I would like to see BMH or huntsville alabama or OKC oklahoma something like that maybe memphis tn

I suspect you could get Huntsville or Memphis, but I doubt you can get OKC. I don't know where BMH is.

It depends on hd or sd. The hd spotbeams are smaller than the sd ones. You might get 100-200 miles on the hd and 200-400 on the sd ones. It depends on the area, some are larger than others. Maybe someone from your region has a better answer for you.
If Im correct when you are talking the major metro cities, their spotbeams seem to be the ones that can reach the farthest when it comes to both SD and hdtv. I for example live just a little over 200 miles from STL in Il and can get both the SD and hdtv of the STL locals. I usually would say go by a 200 mile range when you question which ones you can get wheather its hdtv or SD.

ok kewl thanks I guess I could always try it and switch back in a few months if it doesnt work ?

i dont really understand how to do this can someone please help me sorry im dumb when it comes to satellites

I looked at the lists, but didn't see any Birmingham stations listed. I know they have hd available as well as sd locals, so I don't know why they aren't there. Sorry.

so does this mean I can't get BHM locals ?

Because I can't find them listed by what transponder they are on, I don't know if you can get them. You could try "moving" and see what happens, but if you can't get them, you would be sol until you switched back.

i MOVED but it didnt work it kept cutting in and out :( I wonder if it would work on dish network or is the spotbeams about the same ?

i MOVED but it didnt work it kept cutting in and out :( I wonder if it would work on dish network or is the spotbeams about the same ?

Can you post your signal levels? Your dish could be slightly out of alignment.

KG4KBU,

If the Birmingham locals are on the 101 at transponder 28.

First , you signal on the 101 should be good, it's the main sat for the core programming.

Go to the 101 sat, (says on the right side what sat your on) there are 8 transponders on each line.
You signal strength for 28 would be on the bottom line (25-32) 4th one over reading left to right.

Mine says 0 because that transponder is not used in MY area.

If you set up your sat in the location that your questioning and pull up the SS section, you should get the current SS for that location.

btw, Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Sat and Antenna > View Signal Strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)