look for big bhn news soon

yeah... it's been there for like 2 weeks. Original launch date was Feb. then delayed till May and finally came out in July

guess what i can read! try calling any bhn csr and see if you can order the phone over the phone? see, if you bothered to click on the appropriate icon, you would notice you can only purchase the phones at bhn kiosk's. there has been no press release, no ads on tv. its called a soft release. :rolleyes:

So they put it on the public web site, but you can't really get it?

I'm more impressed with this company everyday. They could at least have put a "Coming soon!" banner beside it.

can you not read? they are only available from the bright house kiosk's or by calling wireless support right now. in the marketing world, its called a soft release because its limited. i expect in september or october will come the hard release when there will be press releases, ads on television and quantities available everywhere bright house is! :rolleyes:

Defend them all you wish...here is the main page part:
-----------------------
Talk
Digital Phone
* Calling Plans
* PIVOT Wireless Phone
* Favorite Calling Features
* Low International Rates
* Call Detail Statement
* NEW-Digital Phone Online Tools
* Order Now!
Here is the order now! stuff:
--------------------------
Order Online
Enter your address to see if Bright House Networks Products and Services are available to order in your area.
Fields denoted by asterisk(*) are required
Street Number * Street Name
City * State
* Zip Code
Enter all five digits in the first box, and the other four in the second if you know them
------------------------
I still don't see anything about a kiosk...now, I'm sure it is there somewhere on some page or another. Guess we have to keep guessing just what to click on to see it, huh? One would think "Order Now" would mean that you could, errrrr....order it.

Oh, I can read by the way. Thanks for your concern.

glad you clarified. if you click on pivot phones, it will give you a list of kiosk's in central florida where you can purchase. if you walk into your local bhn office right now, they would not be able to help.

Yeah none of them are trained for that yet, and BHN has a limited amount of ppl on Pivot so far, I think most take care of service

oh yea... cant wait till customers try to get me to fix their cells. lol

re is bhn up to anything new...

Picture quality in Satellite Beach has been quite good for (I'm estimating) about two weeks now. That's the longest stretch I've seen of good PQ. It usually gets good for a day or two at most, then goes down to "just watchable--nothing to brag about." Interspersed in there are periods where something about it is really bad, like the period when bright areas were extremely intense--totally washed out.

Their getting ready for the "official" rollout of Pivot and the "buy your own" digital boxes, dvrs, hddvrs, and hd boxes.

Depending on who you talk to, some are calling it "open cable" others are calling "separable security".

At either rate, they of course have been making sure all the nodes are in good order and have been doing alot of balancing of the nodes in Brevard.

I don't think this is something they wanted. There was a change in the Federal law that says they must allow you to own your own box. I am sure they enjoy making some money off renting those boxes to us. I doubt they would just willingly offer this if it wasn't for Federal law. But it is nice that you paint the picture that way.

They need to add many more HD channels or they are going to lose me and thousands of others when Verizon Fios TV comes to town. Where the hell is Cinemax HD (among other HD channels)?

I pay around $125 a month just for Bright House. This does not include my Roadrunner, only the TVs. I have VO on a separate bill for Internet. I am happy with them for Internet but the TV leaves much to be desired. The sick thing is I pay for Dish too in order to get the channels I want, bringing my TV bill to over $200/month. The Verizon lineup blows BHN away.

This has been going on since the late 90's when I had Americast Cable (now Knology) and Bright House (then Time Warner) in order to get the channel offerings I wanted. I am referring to Pinellas County, FL, where nearly 1 million citizens reside.

BHN seems to offer the bare minimum. If it wasn't for competition from satellite, Knology, and Verizon, they probably wouldn't even offer digital cable at this point in time.

I am really starting to get fed up with these jerks, rolling out cell phone service while we are missing dozens of nationwide HD channels. I am more than willing to pay more to BHN if they give me what I want. The $75 I am paying additional to Dish every month could be redirected to them if they would just give us more channels. The "digital shopping block" in the 160's is far from cutting it!

Sorry to rant as a reply to your post but if that is all they are working on (the ability to buy your own box, which is federally mandated and cell phone service!) it is pretty sick!

A shakeup in management might get things on track. This BS has been going on for well over a decade, heck... it has been this way since they were Paragon cable in the early 90s.

Their getting ready for the "official" rollout of Pivot and the "buy your own" digital boxes, dvrs, hddvrs, and hd boxes.

Depending on who you talk to, some are calling it "open cable" others are calling "separable security".

At either rate, they of course have been making sure all the nodes are in good order and have been doing alot of balancing of the nodes in Brevard.

I can't believe it. Why did I say it? Three posts ago, I said:

"Picture quality in Satellite Beach has been quite good for (I'm estimating) about two weeks now. That's the longest stretch I've seen of good PQ. It usually gets good for a day or two at most, then goes down to "just watchable--nothing to brag about." Interspersed in there are periods where something about it is really bad, like the period when bright areas were extremely intense--totally washed out."

Tonight, it is back down to "just watchable--nothing to brag about." These changes are sudden. Pic is either noticeably great or noticeably not. The lack of crispness and clarity can be seen in both captions and text on screen and in images.

It is so frustrating to have the great clarity/crispness just vanish.

umm interesting, honestly, I have been with BHN for over 2 years, as FOR ME i have had zero issues with them, my internet is ALWAYS up to what is advertized to me, the pq of my digital/hd channels has been great and getting sometimes better since i first got BHN (i also had them install new wires from the street all the way to the whole house, maybe that helped?)

I have virtually everything they offer, just cause i enjoy it, even so i work and sometimes have no time to watch tv, etc, i still love to have all the goodies hooked up...plus having 2 hd dvr boxes and 1 digital box, makes my bill after taxes like 200 bucks...in somes ways thats alot, then in others, i get great service and i get alot compared to what i had back in nj (comcast)

BUT, as other has mentioned, i CANNOT wait for verizon fios to roll out, i have been so patient for like the last year and a half...i live in the pinellas county area, and i also know this area has by far way more residents than lets say hillsborough (Tampa) and yet, fios isn't around here yet... and i know they would make so much business, but whenever it is here, sry but bye bye bhn it will be....just because the technology is by far better/ more choices/more capable and alot less money for all of it.

ttyl guys :)

I can't believe it. Why did I say it? Three posts ago, I said:

"Picture quality in Satellite Beach has been quite good for (I'm estimating) about two weeks now. That's the longest stretch I've seen of good PQ. It usually gets good for a day or two at most, then goes down to "just watchable--nothing to brag about." Interspersed in there are periods where something about it is really bad, like the period when bright areas were extremely intense--totally washed out."

Tonight, it is back down to "just watchable--nothing to brag about." These changes are sudden. Pic is either noticeably great or noticeably not. The lack of crispness and clarity can be seen in both captions and text on screen and in images.

It is so frustrating to have the great clarity/crispness just vanish.

If your picture quality changes that much id take your tV in for repair. Specially if your watching it on the digital box. Because I assure you the picture does not change as often as you seem to see it change. And if the Text adn caption is looking bad also, that is built into the box and has 0 to do with the cable signal which is another indication of a bad tv. Their is no way the cable signal in anyway affects the quality of the Image coming from the guide/caption That my friend is impossible.

I hear you...but I don't believe it is the TV. The TV displays all other sources (VCR and DVD perfectly--always).

For some reason, I think it is the signal coming from the DVR box, probably/possibly not the incoming line.

Does BHN have a "variable" amplifier that can be placed in the incoming line to allow dialing the signal level up and down to see effects at the TV?

It could be the connect from your dvr to your tv, or could be the DVR is bad? Are you using the hdmi, dvi, svideo, coax? whcih connection? The ypbr/hd connection makes non HD channels look like crap. svideo or coax is best for analog viewing.

Coax from HDDVR (although TV is not HD) to VCR/DVD. That coax has been replaced; no help. S-video from VCR/DVD to TV.

repeat: Does BHN have a "variable" amplifier that can be placed in the incoming line to allow dialing the signal level up and down to see effects at the TV?

No, an amplifier would not help. Amplifieing a digital signal does nothing for quality improvement. Digital is not like analog, you cant "tune it" with signal strength what you get is what you get. The only place it can be tuned would be at the headend or hub respectively. in the compression and transmission of the signal.

With digital unlike analog the picture doesnt degrade in quality as signal strength degrades, with digital you either have apicture or you dont (pixelating is a sign of losing the signal)

The digital data is encoded onto carriers and subcarriers, for which there ARE appropriate levels. If the carrier level is high, it can over-drive the front end of the receiving device. If the carrier level is too low, then difficulties will arise in being able to properly extract the digital data off the carrier. In either case, the processing receiver (in this case the DVR) would never get to the point of having good bits extracted off the carrier. I agree that, once the stream of digital bytes is created, then all you say is true, provided the byte stream is accurate. I am asserting the POSSIBILITY that the digital byte stream is damaged at the time of its creation inside the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts