look for big bhn news soon

I hope it really is big news and not a priced-along-with-the-pack offering.

It's gotta be better in some big way to grab business (or priced way lower), and I don't think being able to control your DVR from the football game will do it.

I can already control my DVR from the football game on my cell phone. It is called Slingbox. This is nothing new.

i like the fact that right now if you sign up for the voice plus plan (which is 15 dollars extra), you get mobile bhn tv, both enhanced and premier, and you get unlimited browser access. you also have access to some of the music choice channels. this is, in addition, to the sprint stuff.

and you can check your road runner from your phone and get linked with your digital phone service, if you have it. i don't think the pricing is outrageous.

Hey guys... I've had Pivot since November, it's been good to me I like it. The rumor about controlling your dvr is not true.. I hear it's a possibility in the future, I can see me full guide listing on the phone. Mobile Tv is a nice feature, I just updated mine and I'm told we should be getting local channels soon. Currently I only have national channels (the ones offered by sprint). I have google maps, Gmail on the phone... there's also the RR email, which I don't use, but I tested it and it works great.
I heard something at a meeting the other day, apparently you will need at least one digital box with Brighthouse to get Pivot

that's correct casper. i hear being able to control the dvr is coming but i haven't heard when. and you need, at least, one digital bhn service to get.

things are still rapidly changing. last week, there was no activation fee or deposit and they were billing you for the phone. this week they are, plus you have to pay for the phone upfront.

casper, which model do you have?

i like the fact that right now if you sign up for the voice plus plan (which is 15 dollars extra), you get mobile bhn tv, both enhanced and premier, and you get unlimited browser access. you also have access to some of the music choice channels. this is, in addition, to the sprint stuff.

and you can check your road runner from your phone and get linked with your digital phone service, if you have it. i don't think the pricing is outrageous.

I can access the entire lineup of BHN channels on my cable box, including DVR recordings, via Slingbox and my Cingular (ooops, ATT) phone. I get ALL the music channels, not that I would listen to them through my cell phone since I have XM and an MP3 player. I can check all my pop3 email accounts, even the RR email which I don't use.

This service from BHN is far from innovative. The pricing is far from competitive, considering everything I get from Cingular for my entire family and the rollover minutes.

It is kind of like their digital phone service. You can either get Vonage and use your existing RR pipe for a lower price, and be able to take your Vonage box all over the planet with you, or you can pay MORE for the BHN digital phone service, which is stationary and can't leave your home.

Don't get me wrong, I am fond of Roadrunner and BHN digital cable, in fact I am a RR reseller. But they should stick to what they do best (TV and Internet) and focus on making those services better. When Verizon Fios comes along with more channels, I am going to bail.

Cell phone service from BHN is not big news or good news as far as I am concerned.

The announcement of new HD channels (such as all the new HBO and Cinemax multichannels in HD or Discovery channels) would be big news from BHN. Not cell phone service.

Yuck!

for starters, i dumped vonage as they were the worst phone service i had. every time the darn internet coughed for a second, i had no phone. when you are severly disabled with a hearing impairment, a phone that works is a necessity.

second, i wouldn't hold your breath about new hd anytime soon.....although, a csr told me yesterday that bhn would match every hd channel added by either directv or dish. i asked her if that was the company line and she admitted yes. i'm only a consumer but i know more about bright house than their employees....amazing, isn't it?

last, i don't think the cell phone pricing is outrageous and i like the fact it links my services. bottom line, bhn might not be cheaper but their customer service is quite good. knowing some supervisors, doesn't hurt either.

for starters, i dumped vonage as they were the worst phone service i had. every time the darn internet coughed for a second, i had no phone. when you are severly disabled with a hearing impairment, a phone that works is a necessity.

second, i wouldn't hold your breath about new hd anytime soon.....although, a csr told me yesterday that bhn would match every hd channel added by either directv or dish. i asked her if that was the company line and she admitted yes. i'm only a consumer but i know more about bright house than their employees....amazing, isn't it?

last, i don't think the cell phone pricing is outrageous and i like the fact it links my services. bottom line, bhn might not be cheaper but their customer service is quite good. knowing some supervisors, doesn't hurt either.

I have had Vonage since 2003 and have had very few problems. I know of other people that have had nothing but problems so I see your point, but I also know people with BHN digital phone that have had many problems. You obviously get what you pay for so sure, a good old fashioned copper land line from the phone company will work the best. I run a business with a local number in two counties, fax line, and toll free number for about $60 a month through Vonage. I know for certain I'd be paying hundreds for the same with a land line, so I will take the occasional problem along with the cost savings.

I am not expecting too much out of BHN. It is wishful thinking I know. I have to subscribe to both BHN and Dish to get the channel lineup I want. Looking at the Verizon Fios lineup, I think I will be able to safely drop BHN and Dish and get their full package and get everything I want, once they come to my city (St. Petersburg). I just wish BHN would focus on their TV lineup instead of these other projects. I will gladly pay more for the channels I want but they don't even offer them. As is, I pay $200 a month for BHN and Dish. I'll cut that in half with Verizon just about.

I agree with you, the BHN reps are clueless! One idiot CSR told me they were changing all the channels to HD because it was mandated. "Hello idiot, that is referring to the OTA broadcast channels only, not cable channels." I didn't even bother telling her though, although I was embarrassed for her.

hey, you know what.....the csr i spoke with yesterday told me that hi-definition was required in every home by 2009. of course, i had to correct her and tell her its digital, not hi-definition. she tells me they already are all digital. i say i know this but not all cable companies are. i also tell her that analog televisions will no longer be sold and everyone will be required to have a converter box. she still insists i'm wrong and its hi-definiton.

funny, she also kept asking me if i was a secret shopper. i should have lied and said yes. you don't even try and argue with me. i'm a retired reporter with a knack on how to find things and make the system work. you will lose everytime.

back to your comments, part of the reasons why there are a variety of services is because some of us have luck with one, while others don't. that's what makes free enterprise work!!

hey, you know what.....the csr i spoke with yesterday told me that hi-definition was required in every home by 2009. of course, i had to correct her and tell her its digital, not hi-definition. she tells me they already are all digital. i say i know this but not all cable companies are. i also tell her that analog televisions will no longer be sold and everyone will be required to have a converter box. she still insists i'm wrong and its hi-definiton.

funny, she also kept asking me if i was a secret shopper. i should have lied and said yes. you don't even try and argue with me. i'm a retired reporter with a knack on how to find things and make the system work. you will lose everytime.

back to your comments, part of the reasons why there are a variety of services is because some of us have luck with one, while others don't. that's what makes free enterprise work!!

all i have to say to this, is that i completely agree with you, cannot stand people that swears that are right. even if you prove to them with facts...

hey i can say it's a sad fact, 95% of all CSR are idiots. Some of the things they send me out on, and the screw ups they do is unbelievable, once in a while i have to call them and every time i get some moron telling me to reboot the box, when they have a billing issue and the box is not authorized.

back on topic for a minute.......wonder if the other cable companies who entered into partnership with sprint are starting to have regrets. wednesday, i paid my old debt in full....got confirmation numbers, called bhn and said lets try again. in a nutshell the sprint rep was telling the bhn guy i now needed to make a $250 deposit, despite the fact he kep trying to tell her i was getting service with them, not sprint. anyhow, a day later i find out the delay's because sprint hadn't posted the payment yet.

so my buddy who's been helping me with this said don't feel bad as he was guessing only 2 out of every 10 work orders went through the first time......then said he hoped a new system was in place soon.

i'll be real curious to find out how well this venture goes.....real curious!

Yeah, there were alot of billing issues during testing. They screwed it up and completely confused me for about 3 months... it was just a big mess.. I think I had a $2,500 bill in Feb

i found out saturday that the official release will be during the last quarter this year but don't know a date. initially, the soft release was suppose to be in february, followed by the hard release in april. keeping that in mind, i'm guessing early to mid-october.

that's correct. but it hasn't been officially released by bhn in the central florida division yet. we all know pivot has been officially released by several other cable companies in several cities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)