Looking for 42" plasma with subwoofer jack

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't move or rearrange any of the furniture or equipment in the room, and the line of sight from the viewing position to the receiver is completely blocked. This means I can't control the volume and mute via the receiver; I must control it via the TV instead (I've got a cable running from the headphone jack of the TV to the receiver). I'm using an LCD TV that has a subwoofer jack now, but the TV's acting flaky, and I would like to upgrade to a plasma anyway.

Fred

You need one of these
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-Remote-Control-Repeater/dp/B001BLTDZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236340851&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Cables To Go - 40430 - Remote Control Repeater Kit: Electronics[/ame]
You can then run your sub off your A/V receiver as it should be,
How do you get your TV? Reason I ask is that using a headphone out only gives you stereo, no surround sound. With DVD and TV receivers whether satellite or cable, opticel is prefered for best quality audio.

You need one of these
Amazon.com: Cables To Go - 40430 - Remote Control Repeater Kit: Electronics
You can then run your sub off your A/V receiver as it should be,
How do you get your TV? Reason I ask is that using a headphone out only gives you stereo, no surround sound. With DVD and TV receivers whether satellite or cable, opticel is prefered for best quality audio.

This looks like just what I need. I'll try it. I was wondering if I'm getting true surround sound from the satellite TV. Thanks for all your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)