looking for a conical scalar ring for c-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In need for source for conical scalar ring!

I sometimes think I am :rolleyes:

But on this occasion I sent him a PM saying you were on the lookout for one :)

Hello, I'm putting together a system with a 6 feet offset dish for C and Ku and will need a conical scalar ring... How can I contact Spindoctor? I have read he may have some conical scalars available. Will appreciate the help in contacting him or a source. Thanks to all.

Check Sadoun. They will have them in stock soon.
In my opinion, if you are able to put up a 6ft dish, the same size of prime focuse dish will work much better for C-band. You can probably get C-band dish for free or at a very affordable price, drive around your neighbor and look for one. When seeing one, just knock the door and ask for it.

Hello, I'm putting together a system with a 6 feet offset dish for C and Ku and will need a conical scalar ring... How can I contact Spindoctor? I have read he may have some conical scalars available. Will appreciate the help in contacting him or a source. Thanks to all.

Looking for

If im in the wrong place please move this where it belongs, I have a 6 foot fortec also.and am trying to locate that special ring also.How do i get in touch with spindoctor can anyone help me.Thank you.

Last edited:
how many really need 'em ?

Maybe it's just a low-demand, limited market?
Seems strange Sadoun has been saying "will arrive soon" for over 6 months.
Ya gotta wonder if he's just not seeing the actual demand that we think there is.

In spite of the initial interest for C-band on 4-foot dishes, as documented on this forum one and two years ago, once you read all the threads, the inescapable conclusion is that six foot is the minimum practical size dish, regardless of configuration.
(And even at 6-foot, there are still a few trade-offs)
At least, that's my take on the situation, and I've sucked up everything I could find on the subject.

Offset 4-foot dishes are common.
Both surplus, and for new purchases.
As for 6-foot offset dishes, a few show up surplus, but I don't think many are buying them new.
Just too expensive.

Maybe the lucky few with 6-foot offset, and the limited number who try C-band on 4-foot offset dishes, are just too small a market?
Last thread where these conical scalers came up, it was suggested there might be a few commercial units around, and the poster said he found his on the local Craig's list.

Oh, and my hat's off to the few bumblebee-like experimenters who won't take "no" for an answer, and run 4-foot C-band dishes. :cool:

cone experiment

While your waiting to find a conical cone, you might try this. A plastic funel from the store, lined with some aluminum tape from the hardware store. In spite of its looks, it works very well.

Attachments

• large plastic C KU 2.JPG
    large plastic C KU 2.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 294
I tried that on a 5' dish, two yrs ago. Cant remember the exact results. I believe there should be a post here, somewhere, Id made. I'll see if I can find it.

The photo was originaly posted on page 38 of the " 120cm dish with C-Band performace - Now with HD ! " thread, July 28, 05' . http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-120cm-dish-c-band-performance-now-hd-38.html I had cut the back out of an ASC 421 and attached a Ku lnbf. The effort seemed to be and attempt the help the Ku performace, no C band data, sorry. This thread has a lot of good reading, some history of a number of us working with the C/Ku combo and conical cone. The funnel type cone has been around for quite some time. Alec

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts