Looking for a New TV

Troch77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
Southern PA
Well my 40 inch 3 year old Samsung LED decided to start losing Pixels.
So far its one whole line from top to bottom.

Not catastrophic yet, but it certainly has Jump started my next TV search.
I don't really care about 4k, But If Im going to buy a new TV, I might as well go 4K.

So what Im looking for is anything $500 or less ( could push up higher depending.)
43 inch and up.
4K smart,
120hz
3 + HDMI

No more Samsung tvs.
I have Magnavox tvs out last both of my Samsung TVs

I'd like a Sony, but they are a little to High for what I want to spend on a 4K tv.

I've been looking at LG models 6030,6100
And Vizio E and M series.

But I would definitely listen to other suggestions.
Thanks again.
9ed22eff7d33c297226e5fe3b1d608e6.jpg

Visit Costco, with that price range.
My nearest Costco is about 1500 miles away lol.
Okay 50, But still.
I'd like to stay around 25 mile radius.

But I can Visit Bestbuy, Walmart, Samsclub, HHgreg, Target
And its Just a Bedroom TV, so it doesn't need to have a $1000 price tag.

How about a Sams Club?
I went there, and that's how I ended up looking at the LGs, and the Vizios.

But what about Hisense, Toshiba, Sharp, TCL are any of those any good?
Last I heard Sharps are made by Hisense now in China and not in Japan, so those now sound Iffy to me.
Any thoughts?

The 8ms response time makes me edgy.
But I definitely want something between 43 and 55 inch.

55 is almost overkill in this room.

And I agree 43 inch isn't really 4K material, but now you are really limited to whats out there. And $500 4K tvs are easily available.

Reactions: navychop
Charles didn't you buy a 43 inch Vizio 4K tv?

Yes, I bought from Sam’s in November 2015 a 43” Vizio 4K model M43-C1, no HDR. This TV is out in my garage with a Joey 1. A Netflix 4K thru the TV app looks OK, nothing spectacular. Last month this TV started locking up for some reason. I have to do a pull the plug reset to get it going again. Of course this Vizio is out of warranty, go figure. Due to this issue and the newer Vizio TVs no longer have tuners in them, I don’t think I will get another Vizio TV. For my next TV I will be looking more for quality and checking out all the HDR specs.

Reactions: Troch77
Junk? Maybe you can let us know!
Well can't be any worse then my last 2 Samsungs.
If Magnavox and Philips had better Blacks, I wouldn't even have started this thread.
I have a 6 year old 32 inch and an 10 Year old 32 inch Magnavox LCDs that have way more hours on them by thousands then what those 2 Samsung tvs lasted me.
Never again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My dad got one to replace an old Vizio that I gave him blew. Did a quick calibration. Pretty decent. He likes it.

S~

Reactions: Troch77
My nearest Costco is about 1500 miles away lol.
Okay 50, But still.
I'd like to stay around 25 mile radius.

But I can Visit Bestbuy, Walmart, Samsclub, HHgreg, Target
And its Just a Bedroom TV, so it doesn't need to have a $1000 price tag.
Wallmart is the best place to buy, at my relatives bar, they got all Samsung TVs there. Walmart was the lowest compared to Costco and other competes. In my opinion, get a Samsung TV. The whole home is fitted with them and they are really reliable. This is my opinion. But really, Samsung, Vizio, LG are the best

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

I went there, and that's how I ended up looking at the LGs, and the Vizios.

But what about Hisense, Toshiba, Sharp, TCL are any of those any good?
Last I heard Sharps are made by Hisense now in China and not in Japan, so those now sound Iffy to me.
Any thoughts?
Hisence is OK, I'm never going with a sharp again, We got one a while back and 1 year later IT DIED! TCL, I would not trust them as much since still new company. Toshiba is decent but cheaply made. Don't buy hisence. We have one and we hate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)