Looking for a Radio Station

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My guess would be it's on AMC8. You would need a Starguide receiver to get it, and it would have to be authorized by them. There are a lot of networks using that system on AMC8. Good Luck?

Al

Edit: and by the way, that's AMC8 C-band, sorry.....

Last edited:
I've haven't found any of their programming FTA. I think one of the radio stations on Sky Angel carries Moody, or the Moody network itself is on Sky Angel, but that's subscription through Dish.

Moody is carried on quite a few FM stations and translators around the country.
You might go to their website, and find the MBN radio section...

www.mbn.org

Thanks Guys,:)

The wife picks it up on the web, I didn't see it on LyngSat so I though I would ask. I'm trying right now to pick up EchoStar 7 at 119 degrees, they have Angel One in the clear on tp 15. Having trouble finding that Sat let alone the Angel One. But thanks for the feed back.

The Duck

Late reply, but there are about 37 channels of Christian programming including MBN, Salem Radio Network, Ambassador, Focus on the Family, etc. on AMC3 C-band. I think it shows a few of them on Lyngsat. You should be able to get them with any FTA receiver and BUD.

Just checked Moody Bible Radio 1 and some of the others on AMC-3 and they are working fine.

Different radio stations there come and go at different times of the day, but usually either MBR 1 or 2 are on.

Fred

Yea, most of those channels are sold out to certain ministries who uplink their daily or weekly program. Per example:

American Advisor is on SR5 and comes on the air everyday at 2:30 PM Eastern. (that's how it shows up on the Unity 4000 receiver) The rest of the day, or most of it, is dead air.

That crtech website should be a big help. Nice to have a member here in radio huh? :)

Last edited:
Most of the channels there are the equiv of 'wild feeds" (ala programming being fed to radio stations for rebroadcast) so most of the channels are not 24/7 programming.

There is the moody channel that is 24/7 and the Calvery Chapel channels in that block are 24/7 and Salem has 3 24/7 Music formats that are 24/7. Most of the other channels there are just for ministries to feed their programming to radio stations. and dont have something on there every hour.. such as the focus on the family channels or the various salem mono channels etc.

Actually...if you want some 24/7 programming, dial in IRN. (Information Radio Network)

They have all sorts of stuff on the air, including a top and bottom of the hour newscast. It will almost run your station with tones if needed. Common FTA receivers obviously won't recognize and/or decode these tones but if they offer sub-audible tones
(25hz/35hz) then you can automate your own little station. :)

techno935 said:
Actually...if you want some 24/7 programming, dial in IRN. (Information Radio Network)

They have all sorts of stuff on the air, including a top and bottom of the hour newscast. It will almost run your station with tones if needed. Common FTA receivers obviously won't recognize and/or decode these tones but if they offer sub-audible tones
(25hz/35hz) then you can automate your own little station. :)

Ah forgot abot IRN -- Ive done some volenteer IT/Tech work for a small christian station including "reinstalling" their Unity4k after a nasty lightening strike (including climbing up into the 12ft bud to replace the LNBF) thus I kinda know what is avail there.

one of skylight's channels on there is 24/7 to and can be used by FM stations I think CSN's two channels are too (I remeber reading something about them taking theri 2nd station from feeds to a simocast of their 24/7 EffectRadio Christian Rock format.

Matt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)