looking for candian brokers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Because they like to make $25US each time you want a change to your service. It's a way of getting more fee money.

Can sum1 pm me a run-down on the equip and address brokers, which are best? i'm a newb at this, thnx!

Originally Posted by snidely
Seems to me Canadians and we "southern" Canadians should get together to exchange addresses. I let some unkown Canadian use my address a few years ago w. the understanding i could/would just throw out all the mail from D*.

Okay so here's a thought and I am not condoning theft of signal or the such but here goes; people have penpals so why not have satpals :)

If a Canadian like myself say has a premium ExpressVU package with HD and also wants Dishnetwork with the same why not hook up with an American "SatPal" and get myself a 811 and he/she link me to their account and pay the multi receiver fee and me do likewise for them ???

Kryspy

That's account sharing and that isn't condoned by the sat companies.
I know ExpressVu call on people with more than one receiver, so the EVu "sharer" might get the shaft :)

Iceberg,

Why'd I know you were going to say that ;)

For me anyways, I'd gladly ditch my ExpressVu in favour of a Dish HD system as I can just get my locals OTA on the 811.

Kryspy

dont get me wrong...I would have loved to do that when I first got ExpressVu (save me some extra fees) :)

Not to sound like a newb, but: It is perfectly legal on my end (US Citizen) to go through a address/bill broker to get *C, as long as I use a true legit system and everything, correct? and by having a *C dish on my roof I wont atract legal attention, like "naughty, naughty, it may be legal but you still shouldn't be doing it!" right? And these brokers (like CanAm) aren't bad companies that feel it's doing you a big favor by leting you get *C and make it hard/impossible to cancel service, are they? Or are they dealt with as if they are normal everyday companies? Thanx for replys

drew2005 said:
And these brokers (like CanAm) aren't bad companies that feel it's doing you a big favor by leting you get *C and make it hard/impossible to cancel service, are they? Or are they dealt with as if they are normal everyday companies? Thanx for replys

I used Freeway Support as a broker and I had no problem making changes or cancelling. You just have to follow their rules which you get right away. It details when you can make changes or how cancellations and reinstatements are handled and the reinstatement fee involved. I didn't like their pricing or their monthly surcharge on top of the regular expressvu fees but, as a company, they did what they were supposed to do. Sometimes they were a little hard to reach (I got voicemail a lot) or a little slow to make changes.

If Bell wanted to find them it wouldn't be very hard. They have live people on real phones in a Canadian province. My guess is they're using Bell lines. :) All they'd have to do is look up the physical service address of their own telephone customer. :) Their website is very explicit about what they do. They're not hiding it. I suppose if Bell wanted it stopped bad enough it wouldn't take much.

So, (no 1 is answering this question as if it's a taboo) It is nice and legal in the US to use a broker, and i'm not even gonna atract legal attention because of a *C dish on my roof? Is all this correct? Thanx. Oh, and Iceberg, I saw in your profile you have/had *C, correct? If so, is it any good? Did/do you like the Canadian programming?

Nobody is going to care one bit if you have an ExpressVu or Starchoice dish. I have three dishes lined up on a mount pole and people will be clueless who ExVu or SC are.

I'd like to get Express Vu. I was reading the thread on using TVM. I have 2 questions for you. 1) Could you forward me TVWs site and 2) Are USA (Connecticut) installers allowed to install a ExpressVu dish?

Thanks!

Need info too please

Hi
I also need info on canadian brokers and I guess the one most recommended one is tvm. My canadian friend did not come through and give me his address yet :(

PC

I physically removed the post with TVM's e-mail

If you need it, PM me

Craig & PChicago, I PM'd you the info :)

StarChoice Satellite - TVM Information

Global suggested TVM to me. Can someone PM their info. I noticed Global's website removed Freeway information and changed to TVM.

Thanks and great site.

whozitsdad said:
Global suggested TVM to me. Can someone PM their info. I noticed Global's website removed Freeway information and changed to TVM.

Thanks and great site.

sent :D

Just looking at the Freeway site was enough to tell me don't go with that service. CanAmSat doesn't appear too bad, though their 6100 is slightly higher. I've done business with KU-Sat a couple times in the past and they seem rather good when it comes to KU-Band FTA equipment, but I couldn't find their brokering info. All the posts about TVM have intrigued me and I want to research further.

Could anyone PM or e-mail me with the URLs to TVM and to KU-Sat's broker area (it doesn't seem to be accessable from their main site)?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)