Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Here's the 60,000 dollar question:
If you owned a BUD and could only choose one bird, which one would it be??

Hint: I'm not into sports.

G4 aka G16 at 99

G3 with the Equity stuff needs a larger size dish due to the FEC of 7/8

I have a fixed dish at G4 and LOVE It

t6 at 93 degrees for analog! t6 is a great sat for analog feeds and pretty fair for dvb. if i just had a fta box and no analog i would pick amc 1, gotta love ion free channels! so i would say t6 or galaxy 26 as most call it.

like the ion amc1
like the nets g16

heck i like em all thats y i'm setting up several dishes :)

hey mount it on a trailer (osu1991 posted a picture) and claim it as a second job (make it a moble display or something)

I seem to remember Iceberg putting two C-band LNBs on his 6'er.

Don't recall seeing posts on how many degrees apart the minimum or maximum was. :rolleyes:
Did that turn out to be a useful idea?

Thanks for the tips.
I have a limited view due to foliage.
It's leaning against the house on 99w so I"ll set it up so I can crank it east. West of 99, I have trees. Then a hole for the last west satellite I can get , G10. I realize this is a c-band discussion, but can I put a Ku LNB on the dish to get the other stuff.
I am using Bsc-621 but having zero luck with the Ku side. Never did get it working.....

I seem to remember Iceberg putting two C-band LNBs on his 6'er.
yep. G4/AMC1

Don't recall seeing posts on how many degrees apart the minimum or maximum was. :rolleyes:
Did that turn out to be a useful idea?
at one point I was able to get (but not keep stable)
G4/AMC1/AnikF1 on one dish...hoseclamps wouldnt work right

if you didn't get it to work you can look at the tech bulletin maybe its set wrong. I actually found it easy to setup (cause i figured out the focal distance) tuned in c-band digital (and marked the limits for the best signal ) then proceeded to adjust the feedhorn for ku signal staying within those c-band markings. took all of about 5 minutes. i will take a picture tomorrow and let you see it.

at one point I was able to get (but not keep stable)
G4/AMC1/AnikF1 on one dish...hoseclamps wouldnt work right

But, but, . . . aren't you the wood-block guy?
Did it include a wood block?
Probably the reason, right there! :eek:

Tell ya what, we'll make up a titanium forging for ya ! :eureka

The dish has a mount. The reason for the "leaning against the house" thing is more or less a site survey.
The reason for the initial post was to get your opinion on the best sats for C-band so I could locate the pole. You've answered my question.
Yes, I'm the wood block guy, remember, anything can be shimmed within 1 tenth of a degree using those wooden wedges left over from a door or window installation project.....
I've got a great signal on G16 C. I think the KU section of that LNB is bad.
If you recall, I'm the guy that bought the BSC-621, and found the thing loose right out of the box. After reading the bulletin and screwing with it, I gave up and decided to try adding a Ku lnb to the side of the scalar ring.
I saw somewhere on this site where a guy had taken a dremmel and "surgically" altered his ring to accommodate a Ku lnb, he said it worked too..
So, during the next couple of weekends, I'll get the hole dug, and the post set.
Hopefully I can get this thing installed before the snow flys!!

I would leave the future open. Do your site survey carefully even if not planning for a motor now. Why limit yourself to one sat? So many cool things up there yet to be found.

Picking only one position would depend on what you want to watch.
4DTV might be G1 or G3C,X4. For FTA -G10R, AMC3, G16. Some sats have both.

But, but, . . . aren't you the wood-block guy?
Did it include a wood block?
Probably the reason, right there! :eek:

there is a small piece of wood between the LNB's but that didnt have to do with it. Issue is the LNB's are odd shaped and skewing them is a pain. The LNB (the old school models) are the easiest because you aim it how you like then skew the LNB (let the analog box do it). Or I just jam a screwdriver down the throat and manually skew for optimum signal :)

thread in question
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/92274-2-c-band-lnbs-one-6-dish.html

Corrado,
Lots of trees.
BIG ones too.
I have a limited view of the southern sky. So I must choose only those sats east of 99w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)