Looking Good

Cool thing about the PS3 ... info
This movie was a very good use of 3D, I thought...
(note, not hooked to my lossless receiver)

Despicable Me 1.JPGDespicable Me info.JPG

I watched some of the Big East tourney in 3D and I was not impressed with ESPN at all. It was a little blurry.

I have a Samsung LED LCD 3D TV. Everything else looks great from the other 3D channels.

What I watched a couple of weeks ago looked good, but have not watched since. I'm not convinced 3D handles motion as well as we think it should.

Jason- As a videographer and editor, I have seen the overuse of a graphics technique where the titles will fly in over sized and pull smaller to the screen. In 3D this is very annoying. Some movies over use this movement. In 3D it looks much better if you want to show an object close to your eyes, make is smaller not bigger. Then move it slower. Someone needs to tell these directors and editors that somethings we used and over used with success in 2D just doesn't work right in 3D.

Also, when these larger than life objects appear close you can't recognize what they are and they also appear ( on my system) translucent while opaque when they get farther into the screen.

Opinion?

I completely agree. Far away shots are actually very fluid and clear to me, but I think it's the closeup stuff that needs work, which might mean an unfair assessment on my part with regards to motion. The fight scenes in Resident Evil were very crisp on the DLP, and its not even full resolution 3D, but the closeup movement bothers me, same with the basketball. I guess some of this could just be part of the tech, I mean when you are looking at something of great depth, and then stick your hand in front of your face, its blurry too.

Im curious to see how this LED LCD handles 3D, since my experience is limited so far. Im also hoping my 2D-3D complaints are cured, since others dont seem to be as bothered by it as me. Another issue I have with the DLP, and it's a small amount of the time, is when you have motion going on and you are looking about the screen getting hit by rainbows. This added to 3D may be my root issue right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)