looking to expand into the c world

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A little help from my friends!

Just getting prepared for the C band install when ever it gets here and would like some info before hand.I see that the install will be more involved than the .90m with the DG280 motor.Can anyone help with some kind of block diagram on how the c/ku band lnbf,actuator,and the v3000 gbox all tie in together with the FTA receiver?I do have a electronics background!so understanding shouldn't be a problem.Did some web searching but have not found answers yet.Looks like i will need wire hook ups to the gbox and actuator as well as the RG6.You tube video would be great but haven't found one yet.Sadoun did a good job with a KU motorized dish video set up but i see non for the c -band.Don't really know how good the set up directions will be so trying to get prepared. Here is a link to what i bought. (mc-1 package). C-Band Satellite System thanks for the help! Stan

It's no more involved than what you've already done. :)
Don't try to do everything at once.
I wouldn't not even connect the V3000 until the end.
Use the Actuator to just hold the Dish at it's Zenith.
Set Elevation and Declination.
Mount LNBF and acquire Signal on True South Sat.

This page may help.....
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

Actuator ( HARL-3618 ) wireing

I have sadouns mc-1 c package coming in next week and would like to know where i may get the cable wire for the Actuator!Can you buy a 5 wire cable of the two proper gages for the power and the sensors?.If not what should i pick up for the system.I have read the wire requirements on sadouns site! just need to know where i can find needed wire.Wire will run up to 50 ft. Thanks! Stan​

The proper wire is called "Ribbon Cable", it has 1 or 2 RG6, wires for the Motor, and wires for the Servo, all "glued" together.
Usually priced under a $1.00 per foot.

Stanley, Well some might laugh but I took the cheap way out lol...I ran my RG6 and for the 4 wires for the motor/sensor I used a roll of solid telephone wire. Not sure of the gauge. Went to Radio Shack or Home Depot don't remember which. Buried it in 1/2" PVC and no problems. Sure beat the price they wanted for sprinkler cable!....Blind

Stanley, Well some might laugh but I took the cheap way out lol...I ran my RG6 and for the 4 wires for the motor/sensor I used a roll of solid telephone wire. Not sure of the gauge. Went to Radio Shack or Home Depot don't remember which. Buried it in 1/2" PVC and no problems. Sure beat the price they wanted for sprinkler cable!....Blind

:D:D Now you tell me! I have plenty of telephone cable wire here.Just bought the proper c-band ribbon cable from the satellite shop for 99cents a foot.Should get here a day or two after my c package arrives.Thanks for all the help though!Dont go away!i might need your help again in the near future. Stan

:D:D Now you tell me! I have plenty of telephone cable wire here.Just bought the proper c-band ribbon cable from the satellite shop for 99cents a foot.Should get here a day or two after my c package arrives.Thanks for all the help though!Dont go away!i might need your help again in the near future. Stan

For next time, make sure you check with former C band installers to see if they still have some laying around. I got a partial roll of just over 350' for $100 which I thought was a decent price. Then shortly after that I found at another dealer a good 250' partial roll for $10!!!... :eek:

Alittle sore today!Took down some tress that might be in the way of around 85 to 100 deg west for my c -band installation.,Now i have some extra firewood for the wood stove:)

Later this week or next weekend i will be setting up my 6 ft motorized c/ku set up 0n my back deck.For now i will be running the c-band ribbon cable 15 ft to my sun room where i will be using the GEOSATpro DSR200c.I will also be running another c-band ribbon cable 50 ft (not connected to a receiver yet)up to my upstairs bed room where i have my solomend hd pvr 800 hooked up to my 90cm motorized dish on the garage roof.What i would like to do is have my bedroom hooked up to both my dishes!The reason for this is during the winter months the 3 season sun room will be not used much and c-band viewing will be in the bedroom inside.What is the best way to have the sunroom hooked up to the c dish and the bedroom receiver hooked up to both dishes.Because of possible tree issues with new set up on deck i may loose some sats in the far west,so garage dish will get some use.Note! I also have a neusat HD 9000 receiver that im planning on slaveing to the DSR200c so i can get the c-band HD stuff!The neusat blind scan really isnt that good.

Last edited:
C- package arrived today:D Looks like i got everything!i hope.I put the 6 ft dish together!Directions? What directions!! just basicly a parts list showing where all goes together.Not very clear in some areas so i had to go onto sadouns web site to find some real pics of the dish.Looks like its all done.Tomorrow i put the mast up on the deck after work.If the directions are as sparse as the dish it may take awhile to get it all together.

Update!! Just need to do the wireing and set motor for the arc and see what satellites i can lock on.Im located here at Lat 41.5N,Lon72.6w so i set my Axis angle to 42 deg and the zenith to 48 deg.Here are some pics!the Dish is pointing true south.If anyone sees any errors on what i have done so far please let me know,but i think i got it right so far.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 168
  • 002a.jpg
    002a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 159
With your motor fully retracted at true south you will not be able to move west. Your motor should slide down in the mount (moving the dish west) so that when your motor is pushed out half way, you are back at true south. Fully out will be your eastern limit.

BTW, I use 5 wire 18ga doorbell/intercom wire at 22¢/foot. works great.

With your motor fully retracted at true south you will not be able to move west. Your motor should slide down in the mount (moving the dish west) so that when your motor is pushed out half way, you are back at true south. Fully out will be your eastern limit.

BTW, I use 5 wire 18ga doorbell/intercom wire at 22¢/foot. works great.

Thanks Putney! I have not set the motor yet!Installed to dish as it came out of the box!When i hook power ,gbox and receiver this weekend i will set up for the arc.

Stanley, Looks good! Wow you could sit in the hot tub and watch the Tv lol.
Same setup as I've got except my has a few dings and a little surface rust. I'd be curious when you get it done what kind of reception you get on a couple of sats. When I set mine up I couldn't get a few channels on 103w...PBS, and Ant1 Greece and few others there. Also Imaginasian up on 121W was a tough one for me too. Went to an eight foot and now I get them fine. No Rtv on 87W though. Blind

Stanley, Looks good! Wow you could sit in the hot tub and watch the Tv lol.
Same setup as I've got except my has a few dings and a little surface rust. I'd be curious when you get it done what kind of reception you get on a couple of sats. When I set mine up I couldn't get a few channels on 103w...PBS, and Ant1 Greece and few others there. Also Imaginasian up on 121W was a tough one for me too. Went to an eight foot and now I get them fine. No Rtv on 87W though. Blind

Thanks blindow!The hot tub does help after a hard day of work :) I will let you know what kind of results i get.This should be a easier job than last time!The sun room is 10 feet away and i will get a clear view of the TV and the Dish.

Busy day yesterday!didnt have much time to play with new system.OK! a few rookie questions! Since im using the DMX741c for my LNB what settings should i use on the reciever?Should i click on for the 22k and use 11750 for the ku band and 5??? for the c-band (not sure which c-band freq to use).If there are any other important setting i forgot to say please let me know.Today im going satellite hunting :)

Should i click on for the 22k and use 11750 for the ku band and 5??? for the c-band
Ku = 22Khz "On" & L.O. 10750
C = 22KHz "Off" & L.O. 5150

Start with C Band on your True South Sat, switch to Ku to tweak, re-check C Band, then check Sats to the East and West.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts