looking to expand into the c world

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cut the last tree today that blocked my LOS.It was hot all week but now i will get from 30 to 135w with no LOS issues and i will have lots of firewood for my wood stove:).Heres a few pics!The outlines drawn above the trees is where the trees blocked before.A total of around eight trees came down the last few weeks.

Attachments

• 003a.jpg
    003a.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 90
Im pretty sure the arc is now on course from 30 to 135 west!getting both c and ku across the arc on around 20 sats so far.I did some tweeking of the LNB and now it seems to be picking many more tps and channels than before.Still far from perfect though!!some sats im getting many of the listed TP's and others very little.Seemed to have lost a few that i had before like QVC on 133 and all of AMC6s limited c band.It dosnt seem like a pattern so far!Strong c and ku across the arc!just some misses here and there.I dont want to tinker anymore with the set up untill i get all possible sats logged in.Question! if the LNB skew and focus point is off alittle,can that effect why some sats ku and c come in very strong and others not so good.Getting both v and h so i know that seems to be working well.

Finnally!! looks like i got it licked!

After several adjustments with the angles!playing with the DMX741 and tree chopping this last month or so i can finally claim victory:D:D.So far i have almost 30 sats scanned with most working very well on both ku and c from 30 to 133 west.Looks like with only 6 footer I'm not missing that much and have seen at least a dozen or so HD channels so far.I would like to thank all who have helped me here and hope i can return the favor someday.Love this new hobby of mine and with all the channel I'm getting our TV cable might be going Bye Bye in the near future.PS! Anyone know on what c band sat RTV uses other than AMC9!i thought i heard somewhere that they do use the c band somewhere but cant seem to find it listed anywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts