Looks like LegitFTA.com has been hi-jacked.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Having many years of experience with contracts providing warranty repair services for several major STB companies, I strongly disagree with this statement.
Ahh you win some you lose some. Me being the freek I am only thinks of an RS-232 port being used for one reason and that is hacking.

Guess I am a little to narrow minded there and for that I appologize. :)

Yes this was a problem with the last beta update, which has since been corrected.

There is ZERO reason for a receiver to have an RS232 port on it if your using it legally. But with that said a ethernet connection on the back would be good for streaming from the web and from your home media server and could also help if the box gets locked up due to an update. :)

With the problem they had there is a reason why it was called Beta software. :D

You mention that the problem has been corrected from the last beta update, where would we find this file?

Scott,

Legit site is back up, but one of the staff told me in a post that they have disconnected with the Manhattan people for reasons understandably he did not want to get in to.
It would be cool if we could become the main support site for Manhattan.

Yes I know the full story of the fallout they had with Manhattan and also Pansat that I won't go into here.

But with that said we are working directly with Jeff on a few things.

Well as far as I am concerned, they can go ahead and die. For some unknown reason to me, I am no longer a mod at Legit.... It just goes to show that some people can't act like adults and in the process they wreck havoc on the community. Do I care? Not really. I just don't care for games and politics. We as a community don't need that. So I would advise that people don't need to go there. No sense in getting drug into peyton Place BS and games.
I have been continuing my testing of the Manhattan. Iceburg is also involved and I am looking forward to reading his writeup. there are a few of us playing with this box. And guess what? We are all here at Satguys! None of us need childish games getting in the way of a hobby that we all enjoy. So This is my notice to the many people that I have known throughout the years that I am not affilliated with Legitfta anymore and I am sorry for any publicity that I gave them. Spread the word before other unsuspecting souls get sucked in and misslead.
Have a great day!

Thanks Stone,

If we do setup a Manhattan section here I would like you to help man it with Iceberg... Sometimes Iceberg is (literally) up to his elbows in pickle chips and this Manhattan box is new to him as well. :)

I must also add. Due to the bad blood that Viper, Elbandito, Lee, and Bellboy, have against the Manhattan, I would not trust any advice or files from that forum. I would not put it past them to deliberatly try and screw peoples receivers up in hopes of disrupting what Jeff is trying to do with the Manhattan. Was the crap they were talking about for real or just blowing off steam? I thought that till tonight. Before I left tonight, I did see some files that were posted that were pulled because they would mess up the receivers if loaded. The fact that those files were posted at Legit again, proves my suspicions. Get your files here. There will be a release quicker than you think. Have a great day! I am now done with my statement of facts and rant! :)

huh I guess I am banned form there. My password doesnt work and when I request one the "string" entered they claim isnt entered right (even though it is)

Well don't feel bad - I too have been banned from Legit. Please excuse me while I go hide in the corner and cry.... Boo Hoo (okay I'm finished)... That didn't take long did it. :)

Ok, I'll bite...... Am I the only one to be curious about the elephant in the room?

What is causing the site's implosion?

Ok, I'll bite...... Am I the only one to be curious about the elephant in the room?

What is causing the site's implosion?

Temper tantrum. Because things didn't work out with the Manhattan, Anyone that is associated with it, is gone with a "we will teach them" attitude, and a touch of "we'll get even with them" tossed in. Sites come and sites go. No big deal. What strikes me however is that because one person there had a falling out with Jeff,( all of it a total missunderstanding on their part, Jeff didn't do anything wrong.) they expect everyone that was involved in the testing to drop the testing and join their personel war. If not then you banned, Demoted, History. Don't matter how much you might know, how good you communicate, or anything else. I guess some people just have a selfish attitude and when they find they have to share, they get mad. I hope that is as thouruogh, and as civil as I can explain it. I feel bad because I really believed in them and now innocent people will also be a target. As an example, Ice getting banned.
That's why I made the posts above. Now it's time to move on. No fuzz off my nutz.:)

Attachments

• donkeyandthecarrot_8961-35.jpg
    donkeyandthecarrot_8961-35.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 91
Well don't feel bad - I too have been banned from Legit. Please excuse me while I go hide in the corner and cry.... Boo Hoo (okay I'm finished)... That didn't take long did it. :)

I am banned too and I never posted there.

With that said lets just say some "higher powers" are watching that site and those involved with that site very closely.

As I said before LegitFTA does not seem too Legit at all.

Beware guys that's all I can say.

Status
Please reply by conversation.