Loosing Analog Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
A recent conversation with NPS indicates that all analog channels will be lost in the near furure. Is this true? If so, will I be able to get my subscription channels on my Digital (BEC or Pansat) receivers?

Am I to understand that C-Band BUD owners must have 4DTV in the near future and that we will be no longer able to get Digital channels without it? If so, what will happen to my FTA Digital channels that I currently get? Help!

On The Border Of Texas

Who knows what may happen? But, the analog channels NPS is talking about are subscription channels that you can't subscribe to with your digital DVB receiver anyway. So you shouldn't lose anything when it happens. You can always go C-band with a 4dtv receiver and subscribe to them and not worry about it.
All analog channels will not be lost, maybe all subscription analog will, eventually. That could take years, but it's really the Videocypher channels that are in trouble of becoming extinct. If you have or get Digicypher you're good to go for a good while, I believe. Thay's my opinion anyway.
As far as DVB signals are. They always have been and always will be:
Here today, Gone tomorrow!!!!!!
There's always a chance someone might start doing US programming through an access card for DVB receivers. Who knows? Globecast already does it for foreign programming.

Al

Lost Analog

Thanks Mucho! I figured that was a sales pitch to sell a 4DTV Receiver or Dish Network. I told them I didn't need it. I guess I will figure out how to get the few subscription channels (USA, TNT, TBS, WGN, ESPN and SciFi) that I do get now A-la-carte.

Ironically, all 6 channels you have listed are Videocipher only at this point. None of them are currently offered on any 4dtv digital package (that I know of). Of course, I fully expect them to become available in a 4dtv digital package when they leave Videocipher (analog). I also expect them to remain A-la-carte, for those who go that way. Let's hope I'm right?

Al

I think Sci-fi and USA are already digicipher, not combo mode, but they probably aren't a high priority to NPS or SRL since the analogs are still available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts