Los Angeles is now one step closer to bringing back the NFL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Wow, I had no idea that the stadium was that close to the city limits of Diamond Bar. I had always assumed it would be near Puente Hills Mall (corner of Colima and Azusa Ave). I'm more familiar with D-Bar than I am with the City of Industry.

But from the map that Dodger King posted (thanx by the way!), it seems to be right near Sycamore Canyon Park (on the other side of the freeway).

There is very limited parking at that park. When they have summer concerts, most people park elsewhere and take a shuttle bus to the event.

Wow, I had no idea that the stadium was that close to the city limits of Diamond Bar. I had always assumed it would be near Puente Hills Mall (corner of Colima and Azusa Ave). I'm more familiar with D-Bar than I am with the City of Industry.

But from the map that Dodger King posted (thanx by the way!), it seems to be right near Sycamore Canyon Park (on the other side of the freeway).

There is very limited parking at that park. When they have summer concerts, most people park elsewhere and take a shuttle bus to the event.

Don't worry, the team will only be there a few years anyway, then it'll move. ;)

Sandra

I used to live in the condo complex right above Sycamore Park, to the west (directly across the street from the golf course). We used to take our dog there to chase squirrels. That park also has a lot of egg-corn woodpeckers.

All you would have to do is walk over the 60 via Grand Ave and you can be at the stadium.

Here are some photos I took of the site for the stadium from my phone through my care window while driving, so they are not the best.

The last one was cool because there was a group of about 5 female deer grazing on the grass where the stadium will be going. For some reason they look like horse in the photo
Comparing summer pics to winter pics (taken this morning)

Attachments

• Stadium 1.jpg
    Stadium 1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 88
  • Stadium2.jpg
    Stadium2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 83
Can't Los Angeles support an expansion team,why does an established team have to move there(& then they just award an expansion team to the city which lost the team in the first place)?

As far as the Minnesota Vikings go,if Vancouver can replace BC Place's teflon roof with a retractable one(they are even building a temporary stadium for the BC Lions to play in until the roof is completed),why can't they just replace the Metrodome's roof the same way? My God,why does everything have to be brand new or else?

Can't Los Angeles support an expansion team,why does an established team have to move there(& then they just award an expansion team to the city which lost the team in the first place)?

Because there are already 30 teams and if they add just one more the schedule would force there to be at least one team on a bye every week of the year and they don't want that again. Plus they just don't need any more teams.

Actually there are 32 teams. But yeah they would prefer to avoid complicating the bye week and having divisions of unequal size.

Actually there are 32 teams. But yeah they would prefer to avoid complicating the bye week and having divisions of unequal size.

That's what I meant and for some reason I typed 30. :D

LA is to football what Tampa was to baseball for most of the 80s and 90s. Namely the place you threaten to move to in order to get a new stadium. but sooner or later someone will either pull the trigger and move or agree to help Tampa get some other team.

LA is a big market. heck it is the second biggest city in the US. Maybe the solution is to get the Chargers to move back. You would almost think that Angelinos would have adopted that team by now but they show no interest. Just like Baltimore people never warmed up to the Redskins.

Exactly, 32 is an ideal number for a league.

Why mess that up for a city that couldn't keep the 2 teams it had.
The Raiders actually had and still have a huge following. I would argue that they still have more fans here than in Oakland.

Nice thing is, this stadium is about 40 miles from the city of LA. It is in an area that is centrally located to the Inland Empire, LA proper, and Orange County. The Inland Empire is much more football and Nascar friendly than LA.

Just move Jacksonville. They aren't supporting the team there. Neither is Detroit, but after.... wait for it......

You know what's coming......

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

After waiting this long we really deserve to see this through. If they moved to LA and started winning.....well, that would be just wrong.

Off topic,but I personally think the NFL could absorb a merger with the CFL & their 8 current teams,but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

I still think that the Minnesota Vikings(based on what Vancouver is doing with BC Place) can replace the roof on the Metrodome with a retractable roof.

As far as the new stadium in LA goes,the UCLA Bruins will just have a closer field to campus to play in(than to play in the Rose bowl). Whatever happened to the proposal to dramatically renovate the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum?

Off topic,but I personally think the NFL could absorb a merger with the CFL & their 8 current teams,but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

I still think that the Minnesota Vikings(based on what Vancouver is doing with BC Place) can replace the roof on the Metrodome with a retractable roof.

As far as the new stadium in LA goes,the UCLA Bruins will just have a closer field to campus to play in(than to play in the Rose bowl). Whatever happened to the proposal to dramatically renovate the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum?

Related to this, there was a rumor last week that the NFL offered to purchase a 51% stake in the UFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)