losing Marquette, MI locals last 2 days

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
starting yesterday i've been loosing locals from Marquette Mi on 311 receivers.they just dissapear from the guide .i pulled the card yesterday and put it back in.they came back .same thing happened today but pulling the card didn't help.i get nbc but not cbs,abc or fox. i called the local installer and he said he had about 30 calls today . he called dish but couldn't find out anything.they think it may have to do with the change to sat 14. the locals are on 129 so how would the switch from echostar 7 to 14 cause this problem

hard reboot

starting yesterday i've been loosing locals from Marquette Mi on 311 receivers.they just dissapear from the guide .i pulled the card yesterday and put it back in.they came back .same thing happened today but pulling the card didn't help.i get nbc but not cbs,abc or fox. i called the local installer and he said he had about 30 calls today . he called dish but couldn't find out anything.they think it may have to do with the change to sat 14. the locals are on 129 so how would the switch from echostar 7 to 14 cause this problem

try a hard reboot of the system.

If your locals are loose, maybe a screwdriver will tighten them?:)

why would it have anything to do with Echo 14 at 119W when your locals are on 129? ;)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...ub=true&beamMap=CIEL2_SB15.jpg&sort=TP&order=

129 TP12

you obviously didnt see my post about you and a retailer thinking it has to do with the new sat at 119

YOUR LOCALS ARE ON 129W...NOT 119

you obviously didnt see my post about you and a retailer thinking it has to do with the new sat at 119

YOUR LOCALS ARE ON 129W...NOT 119
i know my locals are on 129 and so does the retailer. he contacted dish and they said it had to do with switching sats which doesn't make any sense but that's the best answer he could get out of them. i have 2 friends with 311's .they pull the card ,then unplug the receiver . sometimes it will bring the locals back for a while then they go again.my vip 612 has not been bothered.my retailer said 30 calls yesterday morning with the same problem!

but the new satellite should not affect anything on 129 since when you change over to a local it picks 129 instead of 110 or 119

You could always try this and see what happens....depending on setup
-cover the 110 & 119 LNB or if using a switch (DP34, DPP44+) hook a line from 129 to the receiver...

rerun check switch so it ONLY shows 129 then view locals. If the receiver only sees 129 and the locals continue to have issues it would have nothing to do with the satellite and could be something with either the uplink or the location they gather the locals from (which from what I remember its WLUC studios where the point of presence is for those lcoals)

on a side note, Wausau Wisconsin SD locals are on the same transponder and I havent seen any posts about locals issue for those.

but the new satellite should not affect anything on 129 since when you change over to a local it picks 129 instead of 110 or 119

You could always try this and see what happens....depending on setup
-cover the 110 & 119 LNB or if using a switch (DP34, DPP44+) hook a line from 129 to the receiver...

rerun check switch so it ONLY shows 129 then view locals. If the receiver only sees 129 and the locals continue to have issues it would have nothing to do with the satellite and could be something with either the uplink or the location they gather the locals from (which from what I remember its WLUC studios where the point of presence is for those lcoals)

on a side note, Wausau Wisconsin SD locals are on the same transponder and I havent seen any posts about locals issue for those.
it is WLUC and one of the set ups has a single lnb and dish pointing at 129

What about 10 & 19 (ABC & My)?
3 is CBS ;)

so it sounds like it might be a WLUC issue then.

I would send a email to dishquality@echostar.com if its just WLUC (and the DT-2 station also)

Just explain what channel it is and the issue

Make sure to include
call sign
channel number on Dish....the actual channel. Not the mapdown. If you dont know, check thelist at the top...
city of dma

I used it years ago when one local volume was 1/2 the volume of the others and they fixed it right away

Is it still doing that on WLUC?
it is still doing it.channel 3 cbs ,13 pbs and 19 my stay, but 10-abc,6-nbc and 35 fox go every day. you can pull the card and sometimes they will come back if not wait one hour or so then pull the card again then it works.

so now ABC is doing it too? You said before 10 was OK

I would send a e-mail to the one I posted above (dishquality)..something isnt right that those 2 stations keep making the system die on you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts