Losing Voom

Voom is a new company they should be accomodating to many forms of payment. The problem is they have the psycology of a cable company and are being stubborn. As a former Cablevision subscriber all these convoluted rules do not suprise me.

I found this on the bills and payment portion of the Voom contract agreement. It makes it sound like they would take other forms of payment.

You will pay your bill by check, money order, credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer (when available), or such other payment method as we may accept, in our sole discretion.

I'm signed on the lease plan and had to give credit card but today I recieved a paper bill in the mail. It shows autopay is scheduled for May 21st to deduct the amount off my real credit card.

rexoverbey said:
What? Most people prefer to use check cards because it comes straight out of their bank account. On top of that you don't have to worry about interests rates and other credit issues.

What? What is the advantage of paying now when you can pay 30-60 days later? And I never worry about interest rates because I always pay the full balance. And I always use a credit card that actually pays me back 1%. And has no annual fee. How can you prefer check cards?

What is the advantage of paying now when you can pay 30-60 days later?

Being responsible. What is the advantage of paying 30-60 days later? None. I'm glad you earn that extra 1%. Don't spend it all in one place. :D

rex,

It should affect most customers using check cards no more than 2-3 business days. That's not a big deal, unless you are living day-to-day. If you are living day-to-day, you probably shouldn't have satellite service or HDTV anyway.

Cable companies don't require a contract, dish network now offeres a no contract. On top of that you get the hd receiver for free.
In most areas, cable charges a monthly fee for their HDTV receiver. On Dish Network, they'll lease you the first receiver (it can be the Dish 811) for free, but it's not yours to keep; you've got to pay for every receiver beyond the first, and if you cancel service, you've got to return all the equipment. DirecTV does not offer their equipment for rent, except in a few trial markets.

That's 2-3 buisness days that I could be drawing interest on my own money. Not only that it is "MY MONEY". It doesn't need to be held for any reason unless I give the reason. If you look at my gear I'm not poor.

you've got to return all the equipment
Like you don't with voom

cable charges a monthly fee for their HDTV receiver
Voom doesn't charge a monthly rental fee?

they'll lease you the first receiver (it can be the Dish 811) for free, but it's not yours to keep
Sounds good to me? Still better than Voom.

rex,

How much interest would you be earning on $45 for 2-3 days, twelve times a year? :rolleyes:

VOOM offers a lot more in terms of HD than Dish Network, with program information on HD locals in the guide. Dish Network offers more SD, and no program information on HD locals. It's all a question of priorities.

It sounds to me like you were just looking for an excuse to cancel. Now you've found it. Losing access to $45 for three days, twelve times a year--because you are using a check card instead of a credit card -- just isn't an issue for most customers that can afford HDTVs and satellite service. I don't think this is a valid reason for cancelling service, but that's just my opinion and you obviously feel different.

How much interest would you be earning on $45 for 2-3 days, twelve times a year?
How much does Voom gain on putting this in their account. Times this by every user.

I don't think this is a valid reason for cancelling service, but that's just my opinion and you obviously feel different.
And it sounds like you like to argue with everybody who post on this forum.

VOOM offers a lot more in terms of HD than Dish Network, with program information on HD locals in the guide. Dish Network offers more SD, and no program information on HD locals. It's all a question of priorities.
This is just retarded.

just isn't an issue for most customers that can afford HDTVs and satellite service
Because it isn't an issue for most customers .And just because you have an HDTV doesn't make you Bill Gates. Everyone in this forum has an HDTV or they wouldn't have voom.

I like to keep most of my money in savings, and keep what goes to bills in my checking. What if every company who took from your checking did this? It would be unacceptable.

Rex,

Just trying to understand this thing.

We also use a check card (VISA) and my wife just checked our payment (she takes care of these things you know :) ). She did not see that "hold".

Now, let's say your payment is due on the 1st, what you're saying is that they charge your monthly fee of $XX for the NEXT pay period PLUS a hold of the same amount for X days?

That indeed would not make sense at all. A: We are paying in ADVANCE for the next month (so they get their money in advance, no "risks" for them), B: The money could still not be available at the beginning of the next pay period, even if it would be available between the 1st and say the 5th, C: they are working with our money (which could be the REAL reason), even if it is not much "interest wise" for each individual, different story for Voom.

Do I miss something?

Now, let's say your payment is due on the 1st, what you're saying is that they charge your monthly fee of $XX for the NEXT pay period PLUS a hold of the same amount for X days?
Yes. I know it doesn't make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts