Lost 77 overnight .... what's wrong

Peaking in a dish today, I think a glimpse of the 77 peaked in. The signal was than normal...

Not 100% sure though. The super buddy sometimes acts weird when its cold, and its cold. lol.

Dish tech support said that there is an anomaly that they hope to have fixed by the end of theweek, no local hd cininnnati channels at this time temp moved to 61.5.

From the looks of it (and I could be wrong) it appears the satellite went out of the box.:)

that's the information I just discovered in regulatory filings when I've spent a few minutes investigating Echo 8 and Echo 4 recent issues.

I suppose Echostar had to shut off service to the Echo8 because they were either illegally transmitting/receiving services from it outside the box or they knew the satellite was headed out of box and shut things down before there were illegal transmissions going on.

The sat definitely stayed within reception of the DISH subscribers' dishes so there would have been no normal problems with reception, leaving you with regulatory issues.

I just lost 77 again. Peaking at about 9 on the signal strength meter. Is this just coincidental with the problems with 77 earlier this week and maybe something knocked my dish out of alignment? I lost my COlumbus, Ga locals for a while earlier this week and now they are out again. Everything else looks good. Just got off a call with Dish and they are sending someone out but they won't be out until Tuesday. So no Superbowl for me.

I know some of the HD ppv channels are not back as of last night. My daughter was home from college so we decided to use our last PPV coupon and let her pick the flick. She wanted to watch "The Social Network". Well we could not find it in HD (ch 502 was gone) so we settled for SD. Disappointed in the pq but at least I was able to spend the time with my daughter.

Good Catch!

This is an application to the FCC by Dish Network to temporarily move Echostar 6 which is in a parking orbit at 61.5º to 77º until a fix can be made to Echostar 8 which failed at 77º recently.

Yep...it's been moving for quite a bit. As of this posting it is estimated to be around 74w right now

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS: ECHOSTAR 6

I've been tracking this ECHOSTAR 6 with the link you provided. Seems that it's past the 77 LONGITUDE (80.08 last time I checked) and still moving. Do you think the Engineers had a rough weekend?

Engineer #1-"How come you didn't press the stop button?"

Engineer #2-"Because it was your turn to press it. I was busy."

Engineer #1-"What time is it"

Engineer #2-"It's Monday, I think"

I've been tracking this ECHOSTAR 6 with the link you provided. Seems that it's past the 77 LONGITUDE (80.08 last time I checked) and still moving. Do you think the Engineers had a rough weekend?

Engineer #1-"How come you didn't press the stop button?"

Engineer #2-"Because it was your turn to press it. I was busy."

Engineer #1-"What time is it"

Engineer #2-"It's Monday, I think"

Nope, not at all. That's the issue with the website. It just uses two TLE's to determine the speed then calculates a guessed position based off the last known location. So if the say the last TLE had it at 75 degrees 3 days ago and showing moving 1 degree a day, the website would show it at 78 degrees today, then 79 tomorrow..etc. Then say on Wednesday the TLE was updated to show it at 76.5 moving very slowly to come to a stop, the website would then recalculate. So you can't go by the website as it just guesses. If you followed that website for every satellite move, you'd see every single satellite pass up its intended target when in actuality the controllers probably hit it just perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)