lost HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yukon67

Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
I've had Directv HD since January and have had no problems until June when I lost the HD signal on all the main networks NBC/CBS/ABC/CW/FOX. I tried realigning with no luck. All the other channels come in fine in HD. I have a slimline dish and a new receiver. I live in northern NY, but have been getting the NYC locals. I do have have an accutrac meter so if it means tweaking it, I'd try again...it just seems odd that those are the only channels I am missing in HD. Any suggestions?

Thanks

What's your zip code, and which channel numbers are you trying to tune in to?

You are not supposed to get channels from NYC. Why you were before, I don't know. Go to this link and put in your zip code. It will show you the stations you should be getting. DIRECTV - Local Channels

The zip I gave directv is close to NYC, my actual zip is further north now. We don't get locals in HD so it was nice having those channels in HD. IIs the fact that I lost these channels caused by something they changed (spot beaming maybe?) or something I can tweak to get them back?

The zip I gave directv is close to NYC, my actual zip is further north now. We don't get locals in HD so it was nice having those channels in HD. IIs the fact that I lost these channels caused by something they changed (spot beaming maybe?) or something I can tweak to get them back?

I suspected that you had "moved" to get HD locals. You are out of the spotbeam and there is nothing you can do to get the channels back - especially since you should not have had them in the first place!

Damn...that sucks! I've learned a lot from this site in the past couple of days (spot beams; "moving"....didn't realize it was frowned upon, after all a paid subscription is a paid subscription), thanks for the info all. I guess no HD for the olympics, bummer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts