Lost OTA channels, Something I can do?

theph0xx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Had my installation about 3 weeks ago now. Initially I could recieve all my OTA stations first channel, but couldn't get any of the multicasted ones (aka get 3-1 but not 3-2 or 3-3). After the software update up to 5.68 I could recieve everything I was mapped for. Couple days ago my PBS station has dropped out. I can't pick it up at all even the primary channel. And again I cant pickup anything thats multicasted in the VHF range. Is there something I can do related to the buggy box? Or should I be calling Voom for a new antenna?

If you were able to receive them before, try reboot or unplugging/plugging the receiver? You could also try getting the csr sending a hit to the box.

I did both the power button reset and unplugging reset still to no avail. I guess asking for a hit is the next and final step? If this doesnt help should I be asking for a new antenna? It doesnt make sense to me that I would have them with very acceptable signal strength (flux from 85-95) on all OTAs to getting nothing a little bit later.

I feel your pain. My OTA channels have been out for about a month now. I am about to cancel Voom if they can't get this fixed. :mad:

Those who are having problems, have you checked the signal quality/strength on each channel?

If you are using the diplexer and can access it, disconnect it and look at the inputs and outputs. If you see any discolorization then that is the culprit. I had the exact opposite of your problem last month, no SAT signal. My diplexer received water damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts