Lost satellite signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I never said they should bump anyone. I think its outrageous to have to wait a week to fix something you've only had for a week. If you purchased a new computer and it stopped working a week later and were told you needed to wait a week for someone to fix it, how would you feel? If you ordered a steak for dinner and it was cooked incorrectly but the waiter told you you would have to wait for everyone else to get their food before they corrected your order, how would you feel? I worked/ retired from 22 years in the retail sector and worked my way from a stocker to corporate director and never mistreated a customer like that.

lacubs said:
i had this a few weeks ago, let me ask you this when reset your box does do "searching for satellite signal and never get it"? and is box clock wrong

Yes it never finds the satellite signal. And I don't see a click beside the one that's in setup and yes it has the wrong day and time.

Yes the green light is on. I unplugged it and reset it. This was happening intermittently for the 8 days I've had Directv. It had just always came back on before. I'm still pissed I have to wait a week.

Anytime a tech comes out to the house, they always leave a card with thier cell # on it to contact them if needed, didn't they leave you one ?

I think its outrageous to have to wait a week to fix something you've only had for a week.

As a tech, I agree 100%

If we get a service call within a week, we roll out the day after where I am at.
We call it an NC Rollback or No Charge Truck Roll

It will be routed to us but it is not part of daily work. We just have to complete it that day.
(basically if they are allowed to route us 10 hrs this does not count on the routing so there is no over booking for it)

Furthermore, I wonder how long they are taking to schedule new installs in your area.

Anytime a tech comes out to the house, they always leave a card with thier cell # on it to contact them if needed, didn't they leave you one ?

We are not supposed to do that per DirecTv.
They want the customers to call them first.

Often though when I call, I leave contact info for customers to get in touch with me before arrival and when I leave I say you have my number if you need something.
Round about way of giving it to the customer without technically breaking D* rules.

I had this problem this week and the tech cam out checked the dish and the problem seems to be gone. However if you reboot the box and swm box and wait about 30 minutes it should come back or atleast it fixed my issue and I had the sam e error codes.

I know it's no consolation, but I'm now on my 3rd LNB. The first one didn't show any symptoms until after the installer left (and the symptoms actually mimicked a bad receiver, and I was without that receiver the whole time). I then had to wait a week for an appointment on a brand new install, and the guy spent over an hour trying to nail down the problem to the LNB. However, the one he replaced it with had an issue that didn't present itself until the temperature approached zero a few weeks ago. As the temp dropped, it would start dropping signal momentarily. The lower it went, the more often it dropped. One night it went completely out for hours when the temp hit -15. It took two calls to the center to get an appointment (the first rep said they'd never heard about the problem, and since the system tested OK they couldn't roll a truck, the second rep said they knew all about it and made the appointment with no problems), and again the first available appointment was a week out. Of course when he got here the temp was 65, so there was no chance that the problem would present itself.

It sucks to live with the problem, but when you think about it, how long will it take to ship you an LNB or whatever part is bad to install it yourself (because you can't just go to a store and pick one up)? In most cases, the answer is 5 business days.. So it's a wash.

Last edited:
We are not supposed to do that per DirecTv.
They want the customers to call them first.

Often though when I call, I leave contact info for customers to get in touch with me before arrival and when I leave I say you have my number if you need something.
Round about way of giving it to the customer without technically breaking D* rules.

Did this type of thing change ?

I just looked at the ones I have, keep in mind it's been a few years since I've had anyone out here.
They have the persons name and the Contractors name as the main portion of the card and the D* logo on one side, so it's really NOT a D* business card per sa. even though thier on it and they are the reason they were here.

I know it's no consolation, but I'm now on my 3rd LNB. The first one didn't show any symptoms until after the installer left (and the symptoms actually mimicked a bad receiver, and I was without that receiver the whole time). I then had to wait a week for an appointment on a brand new install, and the guy spent over an hour trying to nail down the problem to the LNB. However, the one he replaced it with had an issue that didn't present itself until the temperature approached zero a few weeks ago. As the temp dropped, it would start dropping signal momentarily. The lower it went, the more often it dropped. One night it went completely out for hours when the temp hit -15. It took two calls to the center to get an appointment (the first rep said they'd never heard about the problem, and since the system tested OK they couldn't roll a truck, the second rep said they knew all about it and made the appointment with no problems), and again the first available appointment was a week out. Of course when he got here the temp was 65, so there was no chance that the problem would present itself.

It sucks to live with the problem, but when you think about it, how long will it take to ship you an LNB or whatever part is bad to install it yourself (because you can't just go to a store and pick one up)? In most cases, the answer is 5 business days.. So it's a wash.

This problem has been KNOWN for several years now and in most cases taken care of .... I'm surprised that they still place the ones that were temp sensitive up north.

I'm located in Conway Arkansas, Little Rock Metro. Don't know who the installer was. All Directv would tell me is Directv Home Services. No listing found. I just started calling any local installer I could find. Most just hung up on me or told me to call Directv.

Did this type of thing change ?

I just looked at the ones I have, keep in mind it's been a few years since I've had anyone out here.
They have the persons name and the Contractors name as the main portion of the card and the D* logo on one side, so it's really NOT a D* business card per sa. even though thier on it and they are the reason they were here.

We do not get anything like that.
My HSP did something similar to deter calls and when D* found out they put a stop to it.

I honestly think they want customers to call so they can give a back charge.

We do not get anything like that.
My HSP did something similar to deter calls and when D* found out they put a stop to it.

I honestly think they want customers to call so they can give a back charge.

But at the same point, if you call the contractor, you would think they could send someone by when they are in your area ... vs waiting till D* can schedule someone.

Do you honestly think they care more about the better service provided when doing this or the back charge they make when they send somebody else out?

I dunno

Like I said, when I call to give an ETA, I ask the customer if they have caller ID or give them my number to call me if their schedule changes.
I make sure they have my number at that point.

When leaving, I tell them to call me if they have a question or problem.

*Update* The Directv tech showed up 2 hours early. The original sub contractor had closed a cable box around the cables, crimping them and cutting off the power to the power inserter. New connectors and the problem is fixed. Thanks John!

He replaced everything going from the dish to inside, new switch, power inserter, lnb and fittings. He said if it happens again, it may be my cable. At least I have his number. I mentioned SatelliteGuys and he said he visits the site. Would like to say that John with Directv, is very knowledgeable, professional and does a great job.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)