Lost signal from all three Sats

You know, this makes sense. I can never get mine to go through all 38 checks, usually has a lower number. I sure hope this fixes my problem. You guys rock, regardless of whether this works or not! :)

Disconnect the sat inputs from the back of the receiver. Run a check switch (it'll take about 8-10 minutes).

Reconnect the sat inputs to the back of the receiver and run a check switch again. It should go through all 38 at the "normal" rate.

If it works, everything should be fine when it's complete.

Hope that helps.

I will be trying this today at lunch. My fingers are crossed.

Please let us know after lunch. This very well could just make my sh!tty day a little better! :D

Last edited:
Well I came home for lunch and turned the tuner on to try and do the switch matrix reset and the tuner was working. So now should I wait until it goes out again or should I go ahead and reset it now?

Well I came home for lunch and turned the tuner on to try and do the switch matrix reset and the tuner was working. So now should I wait until it goes out again or should I go ahead and reset it now?

LMAO! I don't care if mine's working or not when I get home, I'm doing it anyways, cause I know it's gonna screw up by dark! :D

I did mine. We will see what happens when I record Power of 10 and BB8. Weather is indicating rain. AGAIN! I am sick of rain. Enough already!

I just hope I can duplicate the problem when the tech comes out to my house on Thursday. I will be doing the reset tonight.

I had a brief outage on 119 TP 6 in the early morning hours like 2-4a for a minute or two. Totally lost lock. It came right back though.

Same here. This makes what, over half a dozen times in the past couple of weeks. Yes, a handful of the posters here may have system problems, but isn't it coincidental that this many posters are seeing the same thing at the same time? Other than the "rain fade" which occurs during strong rain or snow storms on my house, I've never seen this happen with Dish in the 8 years I've been a sub. Again, something else is going on here and Dish doesn't want to publicize the problem.

Yeah it is strange certainly. We don't normally have issues but it definitely totally dropped out. Maybe a sat is failing instead of an uplink issue?

E* replaced the LNB on my system. So far so good no drop outs tonight. Was also told that the LNB was abnormally hot. Will keep you all posted.

Well nothing has worked for me. I finally got a call back from my local retailer. Seems they lost my service request from a week ago. So now, I told them what's happening. That I keep losing 129, and that the signal on 110 & 119 are at 51. However, on my 311 in the other room, the signal for 110 & 119 are 98. So dish is now telling them that I probably have a defective 722, and that I will need to RMA it. I've had this thing for a little over a week! Ghheshh!!! :mad:

Well nothing has worked for me. I finally got a call back from my local retailer. Seems they lost my service request from a week ago. So now, I told them what's happening. That I keep losing 129, and that the signal on 110 & 119 are at 51. However, on my 311 in the other room, the signal for 110 & 119 are 98. So dish is now telling them that I probably have a defective 722, and that I will need to RMA it. I've had this thing for a little over a week! Ghheshh!!! :mad:

There is nothing wrong with the signal on you 722. It has different signal metering software then the 311. The 311 will eventually have it too. What you're see is normal.

Yeah, I read that this should be normal using the new software. However, my signal from 129 is usually between 0 and 5.

ok, then that's a different issue. But I still say your 722 is fine and doesn't need rma'd.

Well, that's what I thought too. Apparently they called Dish about it and it's a known issue with the 722. I'm so confused and pissed at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)