Lots of Sling News!

I have achieved success yesterday in getting my slingbox dish Network content on my Ford Escape touch screen on the road. It's a little tricky to get working as the switching of the device to video and audio takes a few seconds. Once connected the video and sound streams fine.
Using my htc Thunderbolt phone, verizon LTE, and Coastal Lockpick 2 for Ford MyTouch screen to get all the connections. I haven't tried the split screen stuff yet, but will look into it later.

Thanks Scott for the update.

My Roku3 works great with the slingplayer app on my iPhone.

However, it does not work with my sons Roku2XS.
The Roku 2XS has the latest software version 5.2 build 3265.

The iPhone and Roku 2XS are on the same wireless network.
I have downloaded the slingplayer channel on the Roku 2XS

When I press the Roku box to the right of the volume control on my iPhone slingplayer app, it lists iPhone and Roku but the Roku has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside. When I select Roku, the Roku tv screen goes black for 1 second, and my iPhone displays the following "The slingplayer app for Roku be installed on your Roku device before you can continue. On your TV, install from the SlingPlayer channel store on your Roku device. When complete, press retry to continue."

I have deleted the slingplayer channel from the Roku 2XS, unplugged the Roku, and reinstalled the slingplayer channel on the Roku.

I must conclude that the Roku slingplayer channel does not work for a Roku 2XS but does work on a Roku 3.

I have achieved success yesterday in getting my slingbox dish Network content on my Ford Escape touch screen on the road. It's a little tricky to get working as the switching of the device to video and audio takes a few seconds. Once connected the video and sound streams fine.
Using my htc Thunderbolt phone, verizon LTE, and Coastal Lockpick 2 for Ford MyTouch screen to get all the connections. I haven't tried the split screen stuff yet, but will look into it later.

Thanks Scott for the update.

Holy distraction!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)