Love my Hopper but one question

duke02

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
NC
So I switched from DTV to Dish yesterday and while the picture does seem to be a little softer, I love the equipment - much more responsive than my old HR-22. I'm still learning my way around but this seems to have some cool features.

I really like the RF remote capabilities so I can hide my master bedroom Hopper (I got 2 after reading on this forum a bit :) ) but I have an Apple TV in the bedroom also. It would be nice to have a universal remote like a harmony that could control the Hopper via RF. While the harmony 900 has RF, my understanding is that it can't control the hopper b/c it's not a Zigbee capable remote - is that true?

Are there any good Zigbee universal remotes? While I've been able to program a few controls for the other devices into the hopper remote, it's really not a universal in the same way as the harmony where my wife can press one button for "Watch TV" or "Watch ATV"

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I control my Hopper with a Harmony. It's IR in my case but, as said, the 900 will serve your purpose well....

Thanks all. I was over thinking it - how to get the harmony to talk RF to the hopper but as you pointed out, the IR blasters would do the trick. Sorry for the dumb question!

You don't need an IR Blaster just to control the Hopper. You can set it to accept IR signals. That is what I do with my Harmony 1100.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)