Low Signal Rate blind scanning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have noticed that none of my receivers will blind scan the low sr channels on 123wKU and 99wC band or any satellite for that matter. Does anyone have a receiver that can blind scan very low SR's? I have tried with a pansat 3500, openbox s9 and sonicview 8000. I can manually enter stuff and it will scan on a transponder search but they won't blind scan in. I am talking around 1500 Signal Rate

Most fta receivers have trouble blind scanning low S/R because they take longer to lock, it makes it even more difficult if the FEC is high

Just scanned something on 99west C Band with SR 1562
Openbox with the Aug 11 Firmware

Also Blind Scan locked a SR 1480 on G23, no channel though

Last edited:
Just scanned something on 99west C Band with SR 1562
Openbox with the Aug 11 Firmware

I doubt it found all four of them! ;)

Even my receivers dumb luck sometimes and find a low SR signal. I find the majority of my known low SR stuff through manual labor (find the potential signal on spectrum analzyer and use an old Nokia Mediamaster to work on it for about 5-10 mins to see if it's DVB-S, and if not try to figure out a potential SR value and try my DVB-S2 PCI card that works great on low SR signals). If I get no lock after all that, it's not DVB-S/DVB-S2 or my SR estimate was wrong.

I've got some older questionable firmware for my S9. Is the accurate scan option for the S9? I would like to improve this receiver if possible.

I'm running the Aug 24, 2011 software, and it's accurate scan option still can't locate the Echostar Slate on 105W, 12124 H 1000 . I wish I knew what the accurate scan did differently, since it doesn't seem to pick up any additional transponders. ? :)

I thought you pressed the OK button on the Accurate Scan, I'll try to check this afternoon.

Not on mine , anyway. I'll load another version and see what I see . :) [edit] loaded 8/15/2011 from download area, and I can't get any custom parameters into it's "accurate scan" either. Doesn't surprise me much. :)

Last edited:
Funny thing about the Solomend and that 105W Echostar slate at 12124 H 1000. The Solomend 800 sees the tp at 70% Q, if I enter the tp manually, but upon scanning, finds nothing. The Manhattan blindscans it in. I would think that is a software issue , but haven't found an Openbox version that picks up that tp. :(

Thought that one had music with it, today its just a tone! Signal 73/Quality 99 on the old Icon S550. This one calls it 12122, SR1000H. (the echostar slate on 105, I mean)

I remember it having music, or maybe that was the old one that used to be there, before they scrambled everything including NASA tv on their get-paid tv system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)