Low Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
As you may have seen earlier, I got mu 5 LNB dish installed on a pole and at the time, the installers birdog wasn't working so we go signal on 101, 110, 119 and a little on 103. He said he would be out and realign it once his new birdog comes in. Then you may have seen, my dish broke. On friday, a guy came out and replaced it. My worry is that one the 103, signal is around 55 on 4 tsps. and the rest are zero which is normal. It seems that the columbus DMA will come on in HD soon so I want to make sure I will receive them when they start broadcasting. Is 55 on the 103 on an H20 low or is it okay? If its low, what should I do?

Matt

directvfreak said:
As you may have seen earlier, I got mu 5 LNB dish installed on a pole and at the time, the installers birdog wasn't working so we go signal on 101, 110, 119 and a little on 103. He said he would be out and realign it once his new birdog comes in. Then you may have seen, my dish broke. On friday, a guy came out and replaced it. My worry is that one the 103, signal is around 55 on 4 tsps. and the rest are zero which is normal. It seems that the columbus DMA will come on in HD soon so I want to make sure I will receive them when they start broadcasting. Is 55 on the 103 on an H20 low or is it okay? If its low, what should I do?

Matt

How are your other sat signal strenghs, the 101,110 & 199 should have signal on them.

I have heard that only one of the 103 or 99 has anything up and working, so I would not worry to much about the 99 and 103 unless you are scheduled to receive channels on either of them ...

Jimbo

My signal on a regular reciever (non h20) is about anywhere from 79-91. On my 3 LNB before I upgraded to the 5 LNB dish i got signal oround 96-100. Signal is now terrble.

directvfreak said:
My signal on a regular reciever (non h20) is about anywhere from 79-91. On my 3 LNB before I upgraded to the 5 LNB dish i got signal oround 96-100. Signal is now terrble.

Well the general rule for the H-20 is that the highest signals being reported is in the 70's ... So keep that in mind when getting frustrated tryimg to re align it.

It's about 20% less than most other receivers.

directvfreak said:

Matt

I live in Pittsburgh and recently had the new 5 LNB dish installed. My signal strength on transponders 7 & 15 on satellite 103 is consistently in the mid 90's. I'm no expert but based on that I would think that if you had your dish alignment tweeked you could get an improvement in your signal on that satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts