Low Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
As you may have seen earlier, I got mu 5 LNB dish installed on a pole and at the time, the installers birdog wasn't working so we go signal on 101, 110, 119 and a little on 103. He said he would be out and realign it once his new birdog comes in. Then you may have seen, my dish broke. On friday, a guy came out and replaced it. My worry is that one the 103, signal is around 55 on 4 tsps. and the rest are zero which is normal. It seems that the columbus DMA will come on in HD soon so I want to make sure I will receive them when they start broadcasting. Is 55 on the 103 on an H20 low or is it okay? If its low, what should I do?

Matt

directvfreak said:
As you may have seen earlier, I got mu 5 LNB dish installed on a pole and at the time, the installers birdog wasn't working so we go signal on 101, 110, 119 and a little on 103. He said he would be out and realign it once his new birdog comes in. Then you may have seen, my dish broke. On friday, a guy came out and replaced it. My worry is that one the 103, signal is around 55 on 4 tsps. and the rest are zero which is normal. It seems that the columbus DMA will come on in HD soon so I want to make sure I will receive them when they start broadcasting. Is 55 on the 103 on an H20 low or is it okay? If its low, what should I do?

Matt

How are your other sat signal strenghs, the 101,110 & 199 should have signal on them.

I have heard that only one of the 103 or 99 has anything up and working, so I would not worry to much about the 99 and 103 unless you are scheduled to receive channels on either of them ...

Jimbo

My signal on a regular reciever (non h20) is about anywhere from 79-91. On my 3 LNB before I upgraded to the 5 LNB dish i got signal oround 96-100. Signal is now terrble.

directvfreak said:
My signal on a regular reciever (non h20) is about anywhere from 79-91. On my 3 LNB before I upgraded to the 5 LNB dish i got signal oround 96-100. Signal is now terrble.

Well the general rule for the H-20 is that the highest signals being reported is in the 70's ... So keep that in mind when getting frustrated tryimg to re align it.

It's about 20% less than most other receivers.

directvfreak said:

Matt

I live in Pittsburgh and recently had the new 5 LNB dish installed. My signal strength on transponders 7 & 15 on satellite 103 is consistently in the mid 90's. I'm no expert but based on that I would think that if you had your dish alignment tweeked you could get an improvement in your signal on that satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.