Low VHF interference

Thats easy math.
Where does 5540 come from? Thank You.
Radio waves travel at the same speed as light waves, which is a constant called c:
The speed of light in vacuum, commonly denoted c, is a universal physical constant important in many areas of physics. Its exact value is defined as 299792458 metres per second (approximately 300000 km/s, or 186000 mi/s).

The length of a halfwave dipole can be calculated in meters, feet or inches.
Mathematical Applications

λ (lambda) = c/freq

The length of the antenna is less than the free space length because of the "end effect."
Dipole Antenna Length: Calculation & Formula » Electronics Notes

The end effect is larger for VHF and UHF antennas because of the length to diameter ratio. Using the inches formula and the correction factor of 0.94:

5905 x 0.94 = 5550

Empirical tests show that 5540 works best in practical TV antennas:

5540 divided by 57 MHz = 97.2 inches

Last edited:
Radio waves travel at the same speed as light waves, which is a constant called c:
The speed of light in vacuum, commonly denoted c, is a universal physical constant important in many areas of physics. Its exact value is defined as 299792458 metres per second (approximately 300000 km/s, or 186000 mi/s).

The length of a halfwave dipole can be calculated in meters, feet or inches.
Mathematical Applications

λ (lambda) = c/freq

The length of the antenna is less than the free space length because of the "end effect."
Dipole Antenna Length: Calculation & Formula » Electronics Notes

The end effect is larger for VHF and UHF antennas because of the length to diameter ratio. Using the inches formula and the correction factor of 0.94:

5905 x 0.94 = 5550

Empirical tests show that 5540 works best in practical TV antennas:

5540 divided by 57 MHz = 97.2 inches
Im good at math but, WOW:oops:. Good read.

Reactions: rabbit73
I was waiting for channel master jointenna to be in stock, Came in stock Thursday, but they didnt update the LTE filter therefore i didn't buy it. When they update it, i will buy it. RF 2 does "come in, not watchable" more often then the twin lead. For now i may try different 2-ways and seen if one is better then the other. Thanks Rabbit73.

Reactions: rabbit73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)