Low VHF interference

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thats easy math.
Where does 5540 come from? Thank You.
Radio waves travel at the same speed as light waves, which is a constant called c:
The speed of light in vacuum, commonly denoted c, is a universal physical constant important in many areas of physics. Its exact value is defined as 299792458 metres per second (approximately 300000 km/s, or 186000 mi/s).

The length of a halfwave dipole can be calculated in meters, feet or inches.
Mathematical Applications

λ (lambda) = c/freq

The length of the antenna is less than the free space length because of the "end effect."
Dipole Antenna Length: Calculation & Formula » Electronics Notes

The end effect is larger for VHF and UHF antennas because of the length to diameter ratio. Using the inches formula and the correction factor of 0.94:

5905 x 0.94 = 5550

Empirical tests show that 5540 works best in practical TV antennas:

5540 divided by 57 MHz = 97.2 inches

Last edited:
Radio waves travel at the same speed as light waves, which is a constant called c:
The speed of light in vacuum, commonly denoted c, is a universal physical constant important in many areas of physics. Its exact value is defined as 299792458 metres per second (approximately 300000 km/s, or 186000 mi/s).

The length of a halfwave dipole can be calculated in meters, feet or inches.
Mathematical Applications

λ (lambda) = c/freq

The length of the antenna is less than the free space length because of the "end effect."
Dipole Antenna Length: Calculation & Formula » Electronics Notes

The end effect is larger for VHF and UHF antennas because of the length to diameter ratio. Using the inches formula and the correction factor of 0.94:

5905 x 0.94 = 5550

Empirical tests show that 5540 works best in practical TV antennas:

5540 divided by 57 MHz = 97.2 inches
Im good at math but, WOW:oops:. Good read.

Reactions: rabbit73
I was waiting for channel master jointenna to be in stock, Came in stock Thursday, but they didnt update the LTE filter therefore i didn't buy it. When they update it, i will buy it. RF 2 does "come in, not watchable" more often then the twin lead. For now i may try different 2-ways and seen if one is better then the other. Thanks Rabbit73.

Reactions: rabbit73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)