"Loyal customer offer"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nvguy38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So, I log into my D* account and notice this lovely message at the bottom of my equipment tab that reads:

Loyal customer offer just for you!
Upgrade to an HD DVR for FREE! (Reg. $199)

My current setup is (1)HR24-500 and (1)H24-100. If I roll with this offer, am I just going to get another HR24-500 instead of the new HR34? Also, I assume this fancy offer saddles me with a 2-year extension. If so, does that tack on 2 years to my current contract which expires in Nov 2012 effectively taking me out to Nov 2014? I hope not.....if anything it should be 2 years from the date the new receiver was activated, right?

I imagine this 'offer' is so I can replace the non-DVR receiver I currently have in my master.

Thoughts from my more experienced D* brethren?? :)

Thanks!

Any upgrade or adding equipment will renew your contract. It does not matter if you have fulfilled your contract or still have time left on your current contract. Changing the h24 to an hr24 will start a new contract.

If you are satisfied with your current equipment and set up, ignore the email.

Thanks for the info gang. I suspect if I did this and lucked out with an HR24 it might be worth it.....would be awesome if I scored a HR34!! Highly doubt that!!

Also, I'd need to have them drop the H24 and replace with the NEW HD DVR to avoid an additional $6/month lease fee, correct?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info gang. I suspect if I did this and lucked out with an HR24 it might be worth it.....would be awesome if I scored a HR34!! Highly doubt that!!

Also, I'd need to have them drop the H24 and replace with the NEW HD DVR to avoid an additional $6/month lease fee, correct?

Thanks again!

You have options, you can order your equipment from a third party and you'll get exactly what you order.

Try Claude (member here) at Dishstore or Solid Signal always has a decent stock or you could go local as well to get your recvrs and dishes.

You have options, you can order your equipment from a third party and you'll get exactly what you order.

Try Claude (member here) at Dishstore or Solid Signal always has a decent stock or you could go local as well to get your recvrs and dishes.
But going that route will defeat the purpose of a FREE upgrade...

nvguy38 said:

Thanks again!

If you replace your h24 with a hddvr, the amount on your bill won't change. Additional receiver(s) after the first one are $6 per month per additional receiver. It does not matter what kind of receiver it is sd, sddvr, hd or hddvr. The $7 dvr fee covers all the dvrs on that account. You can have all dvrs on your account, (1, 2, 3.....) the $7 dvr fee covers them all.

If you do replace your h24 for a hddvr, that will start a new 2 yr commitment.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)