LPB Last Night

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Did anyone receive LPB (DVB-S2) on AMC21 KU band last night? When I tried tuning in the British sitcoms last night there was no signal on the LPB channels. I was not a happy camper and tried for almost an hour to adjust the dish with no luck. :mad:

This being said I wish that the PBS channels (Montana and LPB) still were DVB-S rather than DVB-S2. Using a 4' Channel Master dish along with an Openbox S9 receiver I haven't been able to receive Montana PBS without breakups ever since it switched to the new DVB-S2 format. The signal usually goes back and forth from around 42 to the high 60's. LPB is usually a steady 70 to 72, but last night I couldn't even get the signal beyond a 10.

I should probably setup a dedicated dish on AMC21 someday.

LPB can be a bit prickly as of late. Was fine for me last night but a few days ago while recording WWII HD I notices some breakup.

The LPB feeds were great until about the time the Britcoms came on. Then I had a picture, but it was all jumbled, totally useless. Switched over to Montana for by weekly Britcom fix. A dedicated dish for AMC 21 works well for me. With a 1m dish, you have to be exactly spot on, and I couldn't get consistent reception on my movable dish.

I had them break up last night for a while. But then we went out and i have not checked it since. I am using a 1 meter fixed dish on a Azbox with no issues until then.

Why can I not get the LPB channels? My folks get it just fine on their Openbox S9, when I had it here, I put their tuner on my dish and they all came in so I know my dish is aimed right but my pc tuner will not see them at all. I get the other S2 channels on 125, just not these. I don't understand this... :(

Thanks! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts