LPB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Has LPB on 125W had a recent signal boost. While trying to get the new S2 Montana PBS today I decided to retry LPB and it came in strong. Until today I never got a hint of signal on those channels.

Has LPB on 125W had a recent signal boost. While trying to get the new S2 Montana PBS today I decided to retry LPB and it came in strong. Until today I never got a hint of signal on those channels.

These LPB pbs channels are dvb-s2 signals! Are you using a new receiver that gets dvb-s2? or since s2 is very sensitive to get!your dish has found that sweet spot that gets you LPB.

I've been using a Coolsat 8000 HD for about 6 months. I got OETA right from the start, but today is the first signal I ever saw from LPB. We had a wind storm the other day. Maybe it moved my dish slightly. If so, it was a fortunate accident... five new channels counting the feeds.

When LPB first came on air I (and some others) had barely acceptable signal qualities. Then I (and some others) couldn't get it for a month or 2 (? time frame). Then about 2-3 months ago (wild guess on time frame) it came in stronger than it ever has before. I think (as in guess) it was probably something that changed beyond our control.

DRCars

When LPB first came on air I (and some others) had barely acceptable signal qualities. Then I (and some others) couldn't get it for a month or 2 (? time frame). Then about 2-3 months ago (wild guess on time frame) it came in stronger than it ever has before. I think (as in guess) it was probably something that changed beyond our control.

DRCars

Maybe this will also be true for the new montana s2 channel!Right now its been a hard catch with many.

Until early July, I had no hint of signal of LPB. Once the heatwave started in July, I was able to watch with very little pixellation on my 90cm offset.

Montana can only be seen with my 10ft dish, now.

I can get OETA and OKLA but I have never been able to get a peep from LPB and now, nothing from Montana. :(

Do I need a bigger dish?

I'm getting LPB on a 31 inch dish, and it has about the same strength as OETA. To get LPB, though, I have to nudge the dish about half a degree or so from OETA. I finally settled on programming LPB on 125W and OETA in on 127W, and adjusting with DiSEqC. You may have to bump you dish a little to one direction or the other to bring in LPB.

And once again, I am getting Montana in their new s2 stuff.. :D

But nada on LPB.. :(

Oh well...

We've had that issue in the northern states with LPB working during the day but dropping off at night. When I had the 1.2m dish aimed at 125W it worked all day and night but the smaller dishes not so much

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts