LPB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
Has LPB on 125W had a recent signal boost. While trying to get the new S2 Montana PBS today I decided to retry LPB and it came in strong. Until today I never got a hint of signal on those channels.

Has LPB on 125W had a recent signal boost. While trying to get the new S2 Montana PBS today I decided to retry LPB and it came in strong. Until today I never got a hint of signal on those channels.

These LPB pbs channels are dvb-s2 signals! Are you using a new receiver that gets dvb-s2? or since s2 is very sensitive to get!your dish has found that sweet spot that gets you LPB.

I've been using a Coolsat 8000 HD for about 6 months. I got OETA right from the start, but today is the first signal I ever saw from LPB. We had a wind storm the other day. Maybe it moved my dish slightly. If so, it was a fortunate accident... five new channels counting the feeds.

When LPB first came on air I (and some others) had barely acceptable signal qualities. Then I (and some others) couldn't get it for a month or 2 (? time frame). Then about 2-3 months ago (wild guess on time frame) it came in stronger than it ever has before. I think (as in guess) it was probably something that changed beyond our control.

DRCars

When LPB first came on air I (and some others) had barely acceptable signal qualities. Then I (and some others) couldn't get it for a month or 2 (? time frame). Then about 2-3 months ago (wild guess on time frame) it came in stronger than it ever has before. I think (as in guess) it was probably something that changed beyond our control.

DRCars

Maybe this will also be true for the new montana s2 channel!Right now its been a hard catch with many.

Until early July, I had no hint of signal of LPB. Once the heatwave started in July, I was able to watch with very little pixellation on my 90cm offset.

Montana can only be seen with my 10ft dish, now.

I can get OETA and OKLA but I have never been able to get a peep from LPB and now, nothing from Montana. :(

Do I need a bigger dish?

I'm getting LPB on a 31 inch dish, and it has about the same strength as OETA. To get LPB, though, I have to nudge the dish about half a degree or so from OETA. I finally settled on programming LPB on 125W and OETA in on 127W, and adjusting with DiSEqC. You may have to bump you dish a little to one direction or the other to bring in LPB.

And once again, I am getting Montana in their new s2 stuff.. :D

But nada on LPB.. :(

Oh well...

We've had that issue in the northern states with LPB working during the day but dropping off at night. When I had the 1.2m dish aimed at 125W it worked all day and night but the smaller dishes not so much

Status
Please reply by conversation.