LSU/Arknsas only in SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I wonder how the broadcasting rights in CT worked out for this game ... head scratcher :-( the game is listed in the guide on channel 3 (wfsb) but is not being shown ... Instead it's on channel 59 (wctx) .... Very odd!!
,!

its HD here in TN on CBS why your CBS isn't the rights holder is very odd and 59-1 DT in your zip will need an OTA antenna to get the HD; its a LIN owned station

Last edited:
charper1 said:
its HD here in TN on CBS why your CBS isn't the rights holder is very odd and 59-1 DT in your zip will need an OTA antenna to get the HD; its a LIN owned station

Very odd and frustrating to say the least :-(

its up to your local provider to turn you HD ON/OFF for your local, i know for my sometimes it take like 2-3 mins get the HD back up after a commercial and some shows that has the HD logo on my local channels isn't really in HD so i came up with it up to your local provider to turn you HD ON/OFF for your local in small city!

its up to your local provider to turn you HD ON/OFF for your local, i know for my sometimes it take like 2-3 mins get the HD back up after a commercial and some shows that has the HD logo on my local channels isn't really in HD so i came up with it up to your local provider to turn you HD ON/OFF for your local in small city!

This is not the OP's issue. The issue is the affiliate in question is a LIN Company owned affiliate and is not retransmitted in HD via DirecTV. Most of the nation had this game carried by CBS which this affiliate is not; it's a local independent. The OP would need to pull it via OTA antenna to get in in HD.

I know the one CBS I have access to must have some computer switch setup because at precisely 5:00 CST it went form HD to black bar hell. Normally they show reruns of "Friends" at 5:00

I know the one CBS I have access to must have some computer switch setup because at precisely 5:00 CST it went form HD to black bar hell. Normally they show reruns of "Friends" at 5:00

and Friends is NOT in HD ?
That would be the reason for the Black Bars.

the CBS station (I have access to 2) unless its from CBS directly its in SD ;)

But what I'm saying is right at 5 (the game wasnt over yet) it automatically switched to SD.

the CBS station (I have access to 2) unless its from CBS directly its in SD ;)

But what I'm saying is right at 5 (the game wasnt over yet) it automatically switched to SD.

When HD was in it's infancy, late 90's early 2000's the locals would do the same thing, where they would not flip the switch to HD after commercials, I use to call every so often and remind them, a few years later they finally got computers that would do that for them.

Jimbo said:
When HD was in it's infancy, late 90's early 2000's the locals would do the same thing, where they would not flip the switch to HD after commercials, I use to call every so often and remind them, a few years later they finally got computers that would do that for them.

Flipping the switch is one thing, but not to even have it on ... odd

As an aside, WCTX is uplinked in hd, just not available yet. It's owned by LIN, like WTNH in CT, which is in hd! Go figure that one out!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)