Macroblocking on Charlotte HD locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ShadowInc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Hello!

I'm a recent subscriber to Dish Network. I live in Rock Hill, SC and receive the Charlotte, NC HD Locals. They, especially NBC HD, have macroblocking and stuttering which seems to be worse during primetime. All the national HD channels have 0 problems. Sometimes the locals are watchable, then other times the audio as well as the picture stutters and gets really annoying. Is this a known problem? I have no response yet from Dish. My signal strength is good and I don't have any interference or anything like that in my wiring. All the connections are tight. If its a recorded program, I can pause it during the pixelation extravaganza and view the multi-colored blocks for as long as I'd like. Anyone receiving Charlotte HD locals experiencing this? I seem to remember a family member having the same problem with Direct TV a year or so back...Could this be solved by "Moving"? New York? Atlanta? Are either of those spotbeamed?

Thanks for your help!

Do you have a 722? I was thinking that could be the issue and it has been replaced with a new 722 to no avail.

Call for service

Sounds like a misaligned dish. I would call and have Dish back to peak the signal on your locals Sat. It could also be a problem on the uplink, but I would think that less likely.

Good Luck! Eric

My brother get CLT locals via Dish, but has never mentioned any problems. I get them OTA...have you ever tried that route? The PQ via OTA is pretty nice for most of them, including several Dish doesnt offer, and most have pretty strong signals down here in Rock Hill. I get all of them with only a small indoor antenna.

Thanks for your help! I'll get dish out to realign and if that doesn't help I'll try OTA.

No luck!

I got dish out to my house to maximize my signal for my HD locals. The guy said the signals were awesome across the board. He also changed all my cables and the like, then left. For a while it looked like it was fixed.... but then....I turned on Chuck. Every few minutes the screen would go black. Today on the biggest loser I get pixelation every once in a while. Does anyone know whats going on? This picture is one of the "Pixelations" that occurs on NBC HD, mostly during primetime, at least every 5 minutes. This picture is one of the "not so bad" times. This mostly causes a "Flicker". The hour before I didn't notice any flicker on the same channel. Other people don't seem to be having this problem with the charlotte locals, and I don't have it on any other channels besides the locals. I'm confused. Help!
1204072010.jpg

I live in Charlotte, and although I'm with TWC, had the same problem with "Chuck", the screen going black every so often. So, that at least, is not a problem with your satellite.

Thanks for the info. Heres another pic of an earlier show... It seems to happen mostly on NBC...pointing me to think its a problem with NBC here and not the satellite?
1204072049.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)