Major DIRECTV Rumor Alerts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I guess there's no estimated time until we see this "converged" software or have any clue what it might look like? Rolling genie go transcoding into HR44 and later is a good start.

I guess there's no estimated time until we see this "converged" software or have any clue what it might look like? Rolling genie go transcoding into HR44 and later is a good start.
Keep in mind were talking about things that have not even been announced. I think we're a ways off from hearing any dates.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wonder if it be an HTML 5 guide? I also wonder which side will have to learn all new channel numbers? I assume it will be UVerseTV customers since they are smaller than DTV?

I wonder if it be an HTML 5 guide? I also wonder which side will have to learn all new channel numbers? I assume it will be UVerseTV customers since they are smaller than DTV?
I HOPE so ...

Then again they could go completely off the wall and start NEW, which would suck for ALL involved.

I'm also curious as to what its like in their engineering department trying to figure out how to merge the two platforms together?

Someone had asked earlier if at&t had any plans of changing the names. They did make some modifications to the logo, both uverse and dtv will have the same globe with their respective names following. This was released within the past week.

Attachments

• 151203143652-new-directv-logo-780x439.jpg
    151203143652-new-directv-logo-780x439.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 279
Someone had asked earlier if at&t had any plans of changing the names. They did make some modifications to the logo, both uverse and dtv will have the same globe with their respective names following. This was released within the past week.
Welcome to the site KungFu :biggrin

Where abouts in NW Ohio are you ?

Welcome to the site KungFu :biggrin

Where abouts in NW Ohio are you ?
Thanks i'm from Port Clinton. Uverse tech but have been through the training for Dtv and done a few installs. Just trying to figure out whats to expect in the next few months to come

I think it would cost too much (development hours) to start over from the ground up. They have a working base genie software that I think they will just tweak, expand on and maybe give a facelift too. Hopefully they make the thing scream, because there's just too many lag points at random times.

Reactions: DS0816 and Troch77
I think it would cost too much (development hours) to start over from the ground up. They have a working base genie software that I think they will just tweak, expand on and maybe give a facelift too. Hopefully they make the thing scream, because there's just too many lag points at random times.
I like this idea ... your right, lots of money and time invested in software already.

My meter needs new roles to play the directv signals. At the hardware level; using both the internet bandwidth and a satellite dish to "become Uverse and DIRECTV"; on the upside is 2016 and a 3d/UHD signal and a showing of the live Super Bowl taped delay immediately on my HDTV; without any loss of receptive abilities" is an amazing feat in bandwidth and wireless transmission. I am going to love looking at the constellation and width allotted in satellite only transmission; combined factoring remodel; the size of the STB may be all that matters and in bringing it to my home; will "live" be live UHD and its roll-out be in the home; but only in a 4K formation? The level waits; but the chip; it really does bake it Uverse first; then satellite. The feeds on the TP's being baked is really weird to look at in constellation today (and is a newly formatted signal) ; as it is so NEW (oh), it is THE NEWS! ATT ... directv ... Uverse ... wow ... and double banded backup relief factor with selector in automatic - the width required is one long word/phrase 2X1080 = 2160 Hor.. X 2X1920=3840 is the reality; guess if I can get it into directv first's in satellite tv and how they use what first is a satellite dish bringing it then to their 4k box transmission via satellite in the home with 3d also available; they were first on a "" dish

Last edited:
We have moved recently from Atlanta where we've had a DISH service for many years.
Our intent was to continue with Dish in Columbia SC. This turned out a very short-lived wish.
The price went through the roof for same programming coverage. Consequently, DISH went by-the-way-side.
We've looked at DIRECT TV and AT&T and the their package was quite a bit different, however they required a 3-year contract.
The initial ( review) period was finished and at the end of 2015 we've adjusted the package down to include a several interested channels because the rest is either sales or religious programming channels.
Being retired and on a fixed income, it is challenging to keep the expenses down and yet maintaining some connection with the sources for the news and the entertainment.
At the present time are exploring the possibility of supplementing the existing Direct TV programming with an installation of a Ku - FTA channels via a 36" dish on out property.
We were hoping to view additional sources for music/concerts/arts-entertainment available on the FTA satellite channels.
Based on the plans outlined by Scott G., regarding the DIRECT TV and ATT-UVERSE programming, would the existing and available FTA programming be a good
supplement for us or are there other sources of aforementioned programming available with a nominal expenses?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Metablo!

Depending upon what other programming you are looking for, streaming may be the way to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)