Making something clear about getting HR34 or HR44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, there are differences. Yes, the HR44 is better. But that does not change things. If you get a free Genie from DirecTV, it will be whatever is on the truck. And the truck will have whatever is in the warehouse. And why should DirecTv ensure that you get the latest equipment? What do they do with the HR34s, throw them in the landfill? If you want to guarantee the latest equipment, lease it through solid signal and pay for it.
I can assure you my local cable company does not guarantee the latest equipment!!

The returned recvr gets cleaned up and should be sent out as Replacements for others.
If your UPGRADING, you should always get NEW, not refurbished equipment.

it is flat out unacceptable for a company to tell a customer something and then not do it. "What's on the truck" is not good enough for me either. There was no HR44 when I got a Genie. I wish I waited. To call the HR44 and HR34 the same is ignorant garbage. They don't even have the same remote!

They really use refurbished receivers? How do I check if I have one? That is shocking to me!!!

it is flat out unacceptable for a company to tell a customer something and then not do it. "What's on the truck" is not good enough for me either. There was no HR44 when I got a Genie. I wish I waited. To call the HR44 and HR34 the same is ignorant garbage. They don't even have the same remote!

They really use refurbished receivers? How do I check if I have one? That is shocking to me!!!

1. Everyone uses refurbished receivers. What do you think they do, throw them away?
2. DirecTV's policy has always been that all models of a particular device are equivalent. This policy is not a secret.
3. The OP says a CSR "promised him" an HR44. A CSR has no way of ordering an HR44 rather than an HR34, there's no model number on the "order form", so a CSR can't promise anything. I bet the CSR would say no he did not "promise" an HR44 ....
4. As far as I can see the installer did not do anything wrong. He just gets the order which says "genie". He might even not have any HR44s on the truck, there might not be any in the warehouse. If the OP had been there and talked to the installer and there were HR44s on the truck then maybe he could have received one.
5. Anyone else at DirecTv following up is going to make the same comments. No, the system won't allow the CSR to order an HR44 so the CSR could not "promise" the OP would get one.
6. The OP is not exactly inexperienced in these matters, as others have posted. If he knew enough to ask for an HR44 instead of an HR34, then he certainly should have known that there was no way the CSR could guarantee one, we've talked about this policy often enough.

1. Everyone uses refurbished receivers. What do you think they do, throw them away? 2. DirecTV's policy has always been that all models of a particular device are equivalent. This policy is not a secret. 3. The OP says a CSR "promised him" an HR44. A CSR has no way of ordering an HR44 rather than an HR34, there's no model number on the "order form", so a CSR can't promise anything. I bet the CSR would say no he did not "promise" an HR44 .... 4. As far as I can see the installer did not do anything wrong. He just gets the order which says "genie". He might even not have any HR44s on the truck, there might not be any in the warehouse. If the OP had been there and talked to the installer and there were HR44s on the truck then maybe he could have received one. 5. Anyone else at DirecTv following up is going to make the same comments. No, the system won't allow the CSR to order an HR44 so the CSR could not "promise" the OP would get one. 6. The OP is not exactly inexperienced in these matters, as others have posted. If he knew enough to ask for an HR44 instead of an HR34, then he certainly should have known that there was no way the CSR could guarantee one, we've talked about this policy often enough.

Said perfectly and with that this should be a closed thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)