Making the switch from DISH, but I need to know the truth about some things....help me please

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bleh, I need TV on my phones.....that's a potential deal breaker for me. :(

Still contemplating. I am thinking of giving Dish another week to work out some deals before pulling the trigger.

So the Sling Adapter does work with DTV?

Sassan said:
Bleh, I need TV on my phones.....that's a potential deal breaker for me. :(

Still contemplating. I am thinking of giving Dish another week to work out some deals before pulling the trigger.

So the Sling Adapter does work with DTV?

No, the Sling adapter will not work with DirecTV, you will have to have a SlingBox. DirecTV has certain limited content from different networks available with their DirecTV Everywhere, which is basically streaming from their website.

Get the AAA and/or AT&T credits when signing up online?

You can also get the nomad from DirecTV. What it does is allow you to transfer any movie, tv show, sporting event, etc... that you have on any of your DirecTV DVR's to your iPhone, I don't think that they have software for an Android devices yet, but they are supposed to have it out SOON... (that is a word you will get used too with DirecTV, LOL)
The only bad thing about nomad is that it takes a long time to process the file to get it ready to download to your iPhone, i.e. for a 1 hour TV show, it takes about 1 hour to process.
I always pick out what I want to put on my iPhone before I go to bed, and then in the morning when I get up, it is done and on there.
Here is the link to check it out.
Also, are you a AAA member? If so, you can get an extra $10 off per month by calling the number listed at www.aaa.com/directv (1-800-370-3578) and if you happen to have internet or telephone service through AT&T, CenturyLink, or Verizon you can get an extra $5 off per month.

I think Sassan is my doppelgänger, everything he asks is valid for me (BTW, got some great support from JCrandall on this site, thanks J>) My preference would be to sign up online, to avoid the CSR roulette game. I am a AAA member, and have AT&T phone and Internet, so, is there a way to get that credit via online sign up, plus give a referral to my D*TV mentor, JCrandall? And one more question (please don't laugh or flame me) does Google TV work well with DirecTV? I got mine before LogiTech pulled the plug on it, but it still works reasonably well, although I wouldn't sell the farm for the Chrome browser.....

Thanks

I think Sassan is my doppelgänger, everything he asks is valid for me (BTW, got some great support from JCrandall on this site, thanks J>) My preference would be to sign up online, to avoid the CSR roulette game. I am a AAA member, and have AT&T phone and Internet, so, is there a way to get that credit via online sign up, plus give a referral to my D*TV mentor, JCrandall? And one more question (please don't laugh or flame me) does Google TV work well with DirecTV? I got mine before LogiTech pulled the plug on it, but it still works reasonably well, although I wouldn't sell the farm for the Chrome browser.....

Thanks

As far as I know, you will have to call the AAA number to get that credit. They will tell you that you can't get a referral discount and the AAA discount at that telephone number (the AAA one), what you need to do is call the AAA number (1-800-370-3578) first, and get set up with that discount, then call the regular 1-800-DIRECTV number and tell them that you have a friend that referred you, and you forgot about it, this will usually work. Also, since you are already a AT&T customer, you will get $5 off your bill per month, they have a $15 off for a period (I forget how long) if you have AT&T, CenturyLink, or Verizon telephone/internet available, but you have to be a new customer and sign up through DirecTV. But this way, you will get $10 from AAA for 20 months, $10 from the refer a friend offer for 10 months, and $5 per month off for being a AT&T customer.
In regard to the GoogleTV and DirecTV, I don't have any first hand experience with it, but this link to DirecTV's website tells about DirecTV receivers/DVR's and GoogleTV. If you need any more help, just ask.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.....I quickly figured out the situation and I know calling back will probably end in a different result.

What I want to know, though, is what am I am walking into? Are people here happy with Direct and their service and tactics? I have been reading, but like as much feedback as possible before making amy decisions.

If thia type of call is the norm, then blehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just verifying its not.
i have had both dish and am currently with DTV and will never go back to dish. for me, the customer service from DTV has been excellent whereas with dish i was constantly lied too. make the switch you will be happy you did

As far as I know, you will have to call the AAA number to get that credit. They will tell you that you can't get a referral discount and the AAA discount at that telephone number (the AAA one), what you need to do is call the AAA number (1-800-370-3578) first, and get set up with that discount, then call the regular 1-800-DIRECTV number and tell them that you have a friend that referred you, and you forgot about it, this will usually work. Also, since you are already a AT&T customer, you will get $5 off your bill per month, they have a $15 off for a period (I forget how long) if you have AT&T, CenturyLink, or Verizon telephone/internet available, but you have to be a new customer and sign up through DirecTV. But this way, you will get $10 from AAA for 20 months, $10 from the refer a friend offer for 10 months, and $5 per month off for being a AT&T customer.
In regard to the GoogleTV and DirecTV, I don't have any first hand experience with it, but this link to DirecTV's website tells about DirecTV receivers/DVR's and GoogleTV. If you need any more help, just ask.

Wow, excellent advice. Many thanks.

Thanks for all the great info, this is exactly what I need.

So my call was not the norm, good.

Next question......DTV mobile app, can you watch your DVR or live TV on it? I was reading reviews in the Google Play Store that you can't?!?!?!?!? That would be terrible, but I use my DISH mobile app all the time.....

By the way, keeping my $500. There has not been a DTV truck on the street all morning, and I have been checking every hour on the hour lol.

Those four other installs probably cancelled:)

^LOL

I use the phone at work to watch things i.e. football games. :) Then when I go to football games, I use my phones to watch more games while at the game.

I know, sickening.

Anything else I should know? Thanks for all the help.

^LOL

I use the phone at work to watch things i.e. football games. :) Then when I go to football games, I use my phones to watch more games while at the game.

I know, sickening.

Yeah.. You should know there are meetings for people with your addiction.. :D :D :D

^LOL

I know, sickening.

Can you actually see the ball when you watch on your phone?

Lol, I also use my vulkano to watch on my phone in certain situations. Works well enough when it is your only option.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Galaxy SIII......amazing picture, and yes, you can see everything you need.

The ball must be very tiny! I have an HTC Impression. It's got a pretty good picture, but I can't imagine watching a football game on it for more than a couple of minutes.

I don't know why (and not for being racist or something) but with the people from India is very difficult.
They don't understand you and they get angry because don't understand you.
I have had 2 person from India (I can tell for the accent) and both hung up on me, and also one of them lied about something that I was sure.

I don't know why (and not for being racist or something) but with the people from India is very difficult.
They don't understand you and they get angry because don't understand you.
I have had 2 person from India (I can tell for the accent) and both hung up on me, and also one of them lied about something that I was sure.

Hey, don't feel bad. Sometimes when we watch BBCA, I have to turn on closed captioning to understand the Brits!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)