Manhattan 3.2 Firmware Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah especially on some of the ethnic channels it does that. Russia Today always freaks out if the receiver is set to auto

Yes, I see that I had to use "universal" as previously mentioned to get my lnb to work. 10600 22k on would be better, although I see it scans thru the lower band pretty fast as there are no tp's on most of our N.A. sats.

New issue for me with the new FW. When changing channels on some sats the picture locks for a second, drops out the abruptly pops back in, sometimes with a noise burst in the audio. Not that bad, but makes me think the new FW is barely syncing up with the ch. I did not have this hic up with the original FW. Anyone else see this?

Try changing your TV display mode to something other than "auto", Jim. It seems to be a problem with the "auto" mode .

yeah especially on some of the ethnic channels it does that. Russia Today always freaks out if the receiver is set to auto

I just spent the last 30 minutes flipping channels. I am set to the "auto" on the resolution. The most that I have seen is maybe a 1/4 second delay with the video. I hear the sound and then the video starts. I have picture, just frozen for a split second. I have not had any issues with the "auto" setting popping in and out. I have not had any issues with any sound being made. If nobody believes me, I'll make a video. All the above said, I also have an up to date TV. But since I can't recreate any of the complaints, I would check elsewhere for the problem. If the problem is in the receiver, then everyone would have the same trouble since we all have the same firmware. Firmware don't pick any certian person to act up on. Now, to load the next version of firmware to test! Have a great day!

Stone, I'm sure you're correct that the problem, if it exists for a person, is related to the TV interaction to the resolution change. The symptoms on my cheap , older HDTV were exactly as PIXL describes, but went away once I set a mode other than "auto". WE can't buy everybody a new TV, but I think as we explore the issue, we'll find workarounds that will fit everybody's needs. :)

it does it on my 4 year old Panasonic 42" HDTV but not my year old 32" HDTV. The new HDTV will also show a pic if it gets set to PAL (the Panny wont)

Russia Today shows up real quick, then black screen for 2 or 3 seconds (audio there) then the pic comes back in

it does it on my 4 year old Panasonic 42" HDTV but not my year old 32" HDTV. The new HDTV will also show a pic if it gets set to PAL (the Panny wont)

Russia Today shows up real quick, then black screen for 2 or 3 seconds (audio there) then the pic comes back in

So maybe there is a compatibility issue with older TVs? Does the Russia Today do that for your new set or just the old one? Like I said, I flipped back and fourth on G-19 between that channel and many others and except for a very slight delay, no problems. I see a frozen video image for literely a split second, then it takes off. No black screen except when switching between a HD and a SD signal which is normal for the most part. I see a delay on OTA channels when going between SD and HD. My TV is a year old. When I bought it I had to update the TV firmware as it was out dated. One of the "fixes" that Sharp mentioned with my TV firmware was better channel changing. Anyways, if it is a TV problem, I don't know if changes to the Manhattan firmware will help. It seems to me to be a TV thing. But maybe it can help. Just a little confused, that's all. :) Have a great day!

I notice a similar "rocky" transition on component output , too, in AUTO mode . Works quite smoothly in 1080i_30, so its certainly not an HDMI handshaking issue. It's related to the TV's ability to switch resolutions seamlessly. :)

Does the Russia Today do that for your new set or just the old one?
no the new TV works just fine. I'll do some more testing tonight for verification. I use HDMI on both TV's

All my sets are fairly new. I run the component out into a Rat Shack gizmo that beams the signal wirelessly to the bedroom. So with HDMI in the living room, and the component going to the bedroom, That's why I couldn't understand the issue. I do have one that is one of the first digital tuner sets. It's a samsung. I'll dig that one out and try both connections. This has really got me courious. :) Have a great day!

OK here is what I tried. I have a 4 year old Panny 42" HDTV and the Manhattan is hooked up via HDMI

Scanned in 97W and set the resolution to AUTO. Scrolled through channels no issues. When I get to Russia Today the channel bar comes up for less than 1/2 second and I get a black screen for about 2-3 seconds. My TV in the corner says "HDMI2" which means there is either no signal or its figuring out the resolution then the pic comes in at 480p. If I set the resolution to 720p on the Manhattan I do not get that delay.

On my year old HDTV (I think its a AOC...one of the knockoff brands) it doesnt do that. Russia Today pops up right away.

Looks like getting away from "AUTO" resolution mode is a workaround that works like a champ. I checked out about 20 feeds last weekend with resolution set in "1080i-30" mode to match my HD monitor and my tv/manhattan combo didn't flicker/have HDMI go away on any of the mix of SD and HD feeds.

Looks like getting away from "AUTO" resolution mode is a workaround that works like a champ. I checked out about 20 feeds last weekend with resolution set in "1080i-30" mode to match my HD monitor and my tv/manhattan combo didn't flicker/have HDMI go away on any of the mix of SD and HD feeds.
That's good to hear. Apparently your TV is having extreme symptoms compared to my slightly milder symptoms of the same nature. Hope there aren't any more surprises. :)

Uploaded the 3.3 update, which gives us Diseqc 1.0 and 1.1, and 22khz switch control, in both Diseqc 1.2 mode and USALS mode to the firmware section. Should be welcome , once it gets out of the moderator queue. :)

is the manhatten in the same group as open box,skybox,skyhawk, and solomon. I was wondering if this firmware would work in a openbox S9 or S10.

Thanks

is the manhatten in the same group as open box,skybox,skyhawk, and solomon. I was wondering if this firmware would work in a openbox S9 or S10.

Thanks
No, the support hardware is different, even though they use the same SoC. DO NOT TRY LOADING FIRMWARE FROM OTHER RECEIVERS ONTO YOUR RECEIVER. Your receiver will, at best, refuse to load it and at worst, need recovery via RS-232 upload. Same thing goes for loading Openbox firmware onto a Manhattan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Issue with 103W C-band 3840 H 26661 Blindscan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts