SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Code:
G  AB   H   RBI  HR  Ba
34 119  48  34   11  .403

Dodgers now in first place

On the other hand...

Ramirez didn't run out a bases loaded, deep flyball to right that the fielder lost in the sun. Fortunately for Ramirez, it bounced into the stands fior a groundrule double. If it had not bounced into the stands, it would have cost him and his team a triple. What else is new?

Right now, everything is going the Dodger Blue Way. Let's just hope it can go another month and a half. Wouldn't it be something, if it's a Dodger & Red Sox World Series. The Red Sox's are still paying Manny's salary and what would happen, if the LA Dodgers win the World Series? Only in this lifetime. GO BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #99 Manny Manny Manny Manny

You can't hardly win a NL MVP when you've only been in the league for about a month.
Now winning next year may be very posibble.
IF they voted Manny as NL MVP, it would be a joke.

Jimbo

You can't hardly win a NL MVP when you've only been in the league for about a month.
Now winning next year may be very posibble.
IF they voted Manny as NL MVP, it would be a joke.

Jimbo

No way Manny is NL MVP...even in the "short-timer" category as outlined by Jimbo. CC Sabathia takes that one over Manny in a heartbeat even as a pitcher.

Honestly, I could actually see Sabathia as a legit pick for NL Cy Young, even though he's not been in the League that long.

I vote for Me-Me as American League MVP. The Red Sox are 23-9 since they traded his ungrateful ass out of Boston! :cool:

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel, Bill. Lol. I'd figure I'd chime in with this because believe it or not, and I don't say this because he's a Met, but I've heard Carlos Delgado's name being bantered around for NL MVP. He's having a great year but I just don't think he's going to win it.
I've just skimmed espn.com for the national league leaders and I'll tell you it's a toss up. Ryan Howard would win it but he's hitting .235. Pujols but I don't like him. Maybe Ryan Braun from Milwaukee. He's having a very good year.

Here are how the major award winners will pan out:

MVP winners: Dustin Pedroia, Ryan Howard

Cy Young: Cliff Lee, Brandon Webb

Anyone care to help out with the others?

no, no. I'm not saying he can't win it. I'm just saying that if I had a vote, I wouldn't vote for him because I don't like him. He's having a very good year but to me he's hard to root for.

no, no. I'm not saying he can't win it. I'm just saying that if I had a vote, I wouldn't vote for him because I don't like him. He's having a very good year but to me he's hard to root for.

I wonder how many voters vote that way ....
I personally think alot do.

Opps, he didn't give me an interview this week or brushed me off for one, I think I'll vote for someone else.
In baseball I think it happens all the time, particularly in the HOF voting.
# 1 person affected by this is Jack Morris, because he was not friendly to the media, he's not getting in .... of course he was the most dominant pitcher in his era, but that don't matter, he didn't like to talk to the media, so he's no good.

Met's, I'm not directing this all at you, just sorta got started on a rant, sorry about that.

Jimbo

Here are how the major award winners will pan out:

MVP winners: Dustin Pedroia, Ryan Howard

Cy Young: Cliff Lee, Brandon Webb

Anyone care to help out with the others?

My opinions:

AL MVP- Dustin Pedroia over Francisco Rodriquez (Carlos Quentin was in there too, but he's now out for the year)

AL Cy Young- Cliff Lee in a landslide

AL Comeback Player of the year- Cliff Lee in a nail-biter over Josh Hamilton, Carlos Quentin, and Mike Mussina

AL Manager of the Year- Joe Maddon in a landslide

AL Rookie of the Year- Evan Longoria in a close race over Armando Galarraga, Brad Ziegler, and Jacoby Ellsbury

NL MVP- Chase Utley or David Wright (depending upon who wins the East) over Ryan Braun

NL Cy Young- Brandon Webb (ONLY if the D-Backs win the West, his ERA is questionable). If the Dodgers win the West, I'll go with C.C. Sabathia in a VERY close race over Tim Lincecum, Webb, and Edinson Volquez

NL Comeback Player of the Year- Ryan Dempster in a very close race over Jorge Cantu

NL Manager of the Year- Jerry Manuel IF the Mets win the East OR Fredi Gonzalez IF the Marlins finish over .500. If BOTH of the above happens it will be VERY close (probably leaning towards Manuel). If NEITHER of those happens then that opens the door for Ned Yost

NL Rookie of the Year- Geovany Soto in a landslide

Last edited:
Jimbo, it was actually an incident that happened with Pujols and Tom Glavine a couple of yrs. ago. I can't remember it off the top of my head. I don't know if it was Pujols not doing interviews or what and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Glavine.
Is Pujols a great player. Yes. Is he a good teammate. I'm assuming he is. But because of that incident, he just rubbed me the wrong way.

My opinions:

NL Cy Young- Brandon Webb (ONLY if the D-Backs win the West, his ERA is questionable). If the Dodgers win the West, I'll go with C.C. Sabathia in a VERY close race over Tim Lincecum, Webb, and Edinson Volquez

19-6 with a .319 era is QUESTIONABLE ????
I know a ton of pitchers that would love to have a .319 era ....
Thats less than a half a run difference from Sabathia ( 2.77).

Jimbo

19-6 with a .319 era is QUESTIONABLE ????
I know a ton of pitchers that would love to have a .319 era ....
Thats less than a half a run difference from Sabathia ( 2.77).

Jimbo

Webb's ERA is now 3.41 after today's game, and yes, I consider that very questionable for a Cy Young contender..............especially in the DH-less National League! Also, if we're talking National League Cy Young Award, only Sabathia's NL stats are taken under consideration. Sabathia's 1.42 ERA is a full 2 runs better than Webb (granted, that's with much less innings pitched). Then there's Tim Lincecum, he's 15-3 (Webb at 19-7 has him there), but his 2.60 ERA is MUCH better than Webb's AND he has 56 more K's than Webb (216 to 160).

Upon further review :D, I now lean towards Sabathia or Lincecum, unless Webb gets it into gear, (he has lost his last three starts) and carries the D-Backs on his back in his last 4/5 starts.

I have to lean to Sabathia as well. I mean he's been amazing for the Brewers. I would like to give it to Lincecum but he's on a lousy team that was out of the playoff race at the beginning of May. Webb has been shaky as of late. I heard about how shaky he was on FOX yesterday and because of the tropical storm the Mets/Phillies game was postponed. So instead, we got D-Backs/Dodgers. I'm a little surprised we didn't get the Twins game, at least I think it was the Twins game because of the Yankees. After all, the Mets play second fiddle to the Yankees ALL THE TIME!!!!

Lincecum has great numbers, but his team stinks.

Wouldn't it be funny if both Cy Young winners came from bad teams in terms of win/loss record?

OTOH, at least the Giants have someone the fans will care about that does NOT use steroids.

Don't confuse the Cy Young Award with the MVP. The Cy CAN go to a pitcher on a non-contending team, OTOH, it's very rare for an MVP to go to a player on a team that's NOT contending.

I vote for Me-Me as American League MVP. The Red Sox are 23-9 since they traded his ungrateful ass out of Boston! :cool:

Bill James once observed that nearly every time the well traveled Bobby Bonds left a team, it immediately got beter, and every team Bonds joined got worse.

He also said that the fastest way to improve any team, in the short run, is to hire Billy Martin to manage it.

Code:
G   AB   R   H   2B HR  RBI  BA    Slg
38  134  27  53  9  14  40   .396  .776

Dodgers now lead Diamondbacks by 3-1/2 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)