Manny Ramirez, NL MVP??

I wonder how many voters vote that way ....
I personally think alot do.

Opps, he didn't give me an interview this week or brushed me off for one, I think I'll vote for someone else.
In baseball I think it happens all the time, particularly in the HOF voting.
# 1 person affected by this is Jack Morris, because he was not friendly to the media, he's not getting in .... of course he was the most dominant pitcher in his era, but that don't matter, he didn't like to talk to the media, so he's no good.

Met's, I'm not directing this all at you, just sorta got started on a rant, sorry about that.

Jimbo
I agree with almost everything you said. And Jack Morris did deserve to be in the HOF. But I can name someone who IMHO deserved it even more and never got in---Maury Wills. He revolutionized the game. Why was he passed over?

I agree with almost everything you said. And Jack Morris did deserve to be in the HOF. But I can name someone who IMHO deserved it even more and never got in---Maury Wills. He revolutionized the game. Why was he passed over?

Morris, Wills, and Jim Rice ALL deserve to be in the hall, IMHO.

Code:
G   AB   R   H   2B  HR  RBI   BA    Slg
43  157  29  63  12  14  44   .401  .745

This morning, Mike and Mike nominated him for inclusion in the National League MVP discussions.

One of them said that if the season ended today, he'd be the first National Leaguer to finish the season with a .400 batting average in over 150 at bats since Bill Terry in 1930.

On the other hand, last Friday, in a close ballgame, he hit another 340 foot single off the right field wall that he had stood admiring when it left the bat, thinking he had hit an off field home run.

Last edited:
He can't be NL MVP. He's played 43 games. This from a guy who it wouldn't surprise anyone if he leaves Los Angeles. Ryan Howard-what's he's hitting 245? Delgado-I didn't think so a week or two ago when I posted something like this, and based on the past couple of days, no. I guess I'll stay with Ryan Braun. I don't know how he is doing but I guess he might be freefalling like the rest of the Brewers.

...Ryan Howard would win it but he's hitting .235.
The guy's hitting .307 with runners on base and .320 with runners in scoring position, thus the 141 RBI thus far. He tends to come through when it matters. I would hope that the so-called experts who vote (the writers) would look a little deeper than a person's batting average (.247 after last night).

Code:
G   AB   R   H  HR  RBI  BA   Slg
50  182  36  72 17  53  .395 .753

M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P!

:rolleyes: You know what, even I can't deny those are GREAT numbers, BUT a few things if I may :D ( inverse order of importance):

1. Is the National League THAT weak that the MVP goes to a guy with 200 at bats?

2. So Me-Me pushed the Dodgers past the vaunted D-Backs, Rockies, Giants, and Padres :eek:. Is this year's NL West going to make anyone forget this year's AL East? :rolleyes:

3. I've said it on here probably a dozen times and I'll keep saying it: THE FACT THAT ME-ME IS PUTTING UP RUTHIAN NUMBERS WITH THE DODGERS PROVES WHAT A F-R-A-U-D HE REALLY IS!!! HE QUIT on his team and pouted like a wuss until he got traded and his 2009 option was ripped up. That's YOUR definition of an MVP??? I don't care about the numbers, and HOPEFULLY neither will the voters!

I'm on record (on this site) saying THIS is what I wanted to happen. Thanks Me-Me, you came through after all, and proved to the world what a POS fraud you really are!

Last edited:
He doesn't even have enough at-bats to qualify for the batting title. So the answer is still NOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm still sticking with Ryan Howard as my choice.

His numbers are ridiculous and he didn't exactly quit.

I'm on record (on this site) saying THIS is what I wanted to happen. Thanks Me-Me, you came through after all, and proved to the world what a POS fraud you really are!

Honestly, I just wanted him to stink from the start, ala Herschel Walker with the Vikings.

:rolleyes: You know what, even I can't deny those are GREAT numbers, BUT a few things if I may :D ( inverse order of importance):

1. Is the National League THAT weak that the MVP goes to a guy with 200 at bats?

2. So Me-Me pushed the Dodgers past the vaunted D-Backs, Rockies, Giants, and Padres :eek:. Is this year's NL West going to make anyone forget this year's AL East? :rolleyes:

3. I've said it on here probably a dozen times and I'll keep saying it: THE FACT THAT ME-ME IS PUTTING UP RUTHIAN NUMBERS WITH THE DODGERS PROVES WHAT A F-R-A-U-D HE REALLY IS!!! HE QUIT on his team and pouted like a wuss until he got traded and his 2009 option was ripped up. That's YOUR definition of an MVP??? I don't care about the numbers, and HOPEFULLY neither will the voters!

Don't forget Scott Boras was a part of that, also.

I'm surprised Bill went with the 'I want Manny to tear it up in L.A. so it can be proven he's a quitter' approach.

I would have gone with the 'Nice start fades fast' approach that we saw with Herschel Walker when he went to the Vikings.

Honestly, I just wanted him to stink from the start, ala Herschel Walker with the Vikings.[/quote]

God, me too. The Mets might have to play him in the playoffs. Who wants to deal with him?

I'm surprised Bill went with the 'I want Manny to tear it up in L.A. so it can be proven he's a quitter' approach.

I would have gone with the 'Nice start fades fast' approach that we saw with Herschel Walker when he went to the Vikings.

I know what you're saying, but my theory is his outstanding performance in LA proves what a phoney he is. People forget the Red Sox sent Me-Me for an MRI on BOTH knees the day before he got traded, because Me-Me INSISTED he couldn't play in the huge Angels/Yankees homestand.

Oh BTW, Me-Me hasn't missed a game in LA. In fact, Torre wanted to give him a day off a few weeks ago, and Me-Me ever the team player :rolleyes: said no.

Boy, could imagine Mets vs. Dodgers-Playoff? How about Red Sox vs. Dodgers in the World Series? What do you think the reaction would be from the Fenway fans?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts