Manual OTA scanning coming soon

V

vader

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 28, 2004
As I have been battling with Voom about my OTA channels, I got some information today confirming that the manual scanning with multiple DMA maps is getting ready in next two weeks.
Just wanted to share with those still frustrated with the issue. I am sure that itself would probably start a new thread with new issues. At least we'll know what our antennae can receive and what they cannot.

Pete In Plano

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
I am hoping that the new firmware will also give us the ability to remove channels from the channel list for scanning. Anyone have any idea of the new features/fixes in the next release besides OTA manual scan??

Pete In Plano

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
He mentions --"this is a big release with lots of stuff, including scanning and the like.
I've got versions of it and it's pretty nice." LOTS OF STUFF!!!!!!! Sounds like they may make the Moto a lot better.

S

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
Pete In Plano said:
LOTS OF STUFF!!!!!!! .

So your saying that more than scaning is included?? wonder what that could be.... :D :shocked

vurbano

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
so send it out already, god knows we have lived with buggy software before - LMAO

Pete In Plano

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
I think that Wilt had mentioned being able to delete channels from the channel lineup as one thing. That would be great!! Also- if the guide would come up on the channel you are on, that would be a nice improvement.

C

CraziFuzzy

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 15, 2004
vurbano said:
and the encoder work is that finishing soon?

The encoder work? I thikn you are referring to the MPEG-4 or WM9 stuff? That I believe is a plug in module (the slot on the righthand side of the box), so not really a firmware upgrade. Also, they will have to have everyone's box upgraded with the module prior to shifting their programming over to it. Though i imagine they will probably start broadcasting at least one channel in it as a tester soon, so that as sson as they start deploying the modules, their functionality can be verified.

DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
The encoder work probably refers to the "red sparklies" issue?

vurbano

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
CraziFuzzy said:
The encoder work? I thikn you are referring to the MPEG-4 or WM9 stuff? That I believe is a plug in module (the slot on the righthand side of the box), so not really a firmware upgrade. Also, they will have to have everyone's box upgraded with the module prior to shifting their programming over to it. Though i imagine they will probably start broadcasting at least one channel in it as a tester soon, so that as sson as they start deploying the modules, their functionality can be verified.
No

the cinema channels are 720p right now because of encoder work. I have heard numerous times that PQ was suffering because of encoder work. I am not reffering to future wm9 or meg4 encoding. Or the rumor that a new module is going to be mailed out to us.