Mapping accross State lines

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
I had Voom installed yesterday. I live less than 2 miles from the Toledo Ohio line. Although I am in Michigan I checked the Voom website for local stations available in my zipcode, and all the Toledo stations came up (Towers about 12 miles away). My installer set the box down hit the buttons and was gone before the download was done, when the local mapping was done there were only Detroit station(60 miles away) and no signal. The installer had set the anttena towards Toledo.
My wife called and was told there were FCC rules, but maybe they could come out to put somthing?? on the anttena.

Help
P.S. The installer was a nice guy, overworked and under trained but nice.
PPs I had it installed with no diplexer if that is an issue.

Kentstater72 said:
I had Voom installed yesterday. I live less than 2 miles from the Toledo Ohio line. Although I am in Michigan I checked the Voom website for local stations available in my zipcode, and all the Toledo stations came up (Towers about 12 miles away). My installer set the box down hit the buttons and was gone before the download was done, when the local mapping was done there were only Detroit station(60 miles away) and no signal. The installer had set the anttena towards Toledo.
My wife called and was told there were FCC rules, but maybe they could come out to put somthing?? on the anttena.

Help
P.S. The installer was a nice guy, overworked and under trained but nice.
PPs I had it installed with no diplexer if that is an issue.

So your DMA has been set incorrectly. I do not know why CSRs keep saying the same incorrect story. Send me your full address and the fact that you want your mapping to reflect Toledo, Ohio OTA channels and not the Detroit stations. My email is Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us. I will put the request for you.

wasch_24 said:
I don't know if Sean is still doing this but send your personal info, zip-code and such to him and he can help get you remapped (if he is still doing this).

You are too fast for wasch...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)