New mapping service call today!

Kentstater72 said:
OK i got mapped for Toledo. (thanks again Sean)
0 power, 12 signal strength(12 miles from the tower)
I have looked at your list of things to check, and will be going over them this weekend, but first a stupid question. How do i determine the front or pointing edge of the voom antenna, the installer has pointed it three different ways and i do not know where its pointed now.

In further digging I am wondering if the installer missed somthing when he ran the cables w/o the diplexer(he never heard of doing this). I have read that there is something that needs to be added if there is no diplexer.
Kentstater

It depends the type of antenna that you currently have. There is a power inserter as well that was supposed to be included. What type of antenna were you installed with?

Kentstater72 said:
I do not know, I am at work and i presume it is on the work order @ home.
I assumed that it came with a standard unit.

VOOM was using the Stealth Antenna as the default but lately they have changed to another model.

Sean, went home for lunch.
It is a winegaurd.
I read the thread you pointed out and it looks like i should not have had the installer run two lines.
Where do I go from here?
Is there a power source i can buy from rs and get this over with, or do I need another service call?

I also noted that some folks have multiple mapping, is that just a phone call to voom?

Kentstater

Get the power injecter made for your antenna. Getting a different one may cause you problems. http://www.winegard.com should have it.

I also noted that some folks have multiple mapping, is that just a phone call to voom?

:haha Kentstater don't press your luck! Nothing is as simple as a call to VOOM. You should be glad you got your channel map changed so quickly.

I am now into week #3 of waiting:

June 8th-Installed and installer requests change to Pittsburgh. VOOM says will be up in the morning.
June 10th-E-mailed VOOM Customer Service.
June 12th-E-mailed Sean Mota
June 14th-Called VOOM, channel map change was noted on my account on the 8th. Should be up in 2 days.
June 16th-VOOM Replies to E-mail, says it has been sent to the department handling the request.
June 20th-E-mailed VOOM, Why taking so long?
June 21th-VOOM Replies it is an FCC problem.
June 22th-E-mail VOOM, explain FCC rules, and sent VOOM copy of FCC rules on TV Tuners. Threaten legal action before the FCC.
June 22th-VOOM e-mails, mapping request has been "escalated"
June 24th-E-mailed Sean explaining situation again.
June 25th-Sean replies should be before next Thursday!!!!

17 days and counting!!! We will probably get the new software before I get the locals mapped :(

Kentstater72 said:

That's not possible right now. With the new software you will be able to scan for multiple DMAs and you won't need the mapping. As it was suggested by bryan, you may get the power injector for that model or put a call to Voom to get one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)