Mastec background check

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey chucktech

The training period is 2 weeks (well actually 10 days) classroom and then 2 weeks On The Job Training. I am not 100 % sure but I believe you can go to the next pay rate after 3 months if your numbers are good... i.e very few if any call backs, pass QC's, customer satisfaction, phone hook- ups, etc......

If your matrix is good then it shouldn't be a problem to move up the pay rate scale fast. Just do what you are supposed to do and everything will be fine.

custom rates are:

wall fish appr 31.00 reg tech 35.00 lead tech 39.00
pole install and bury cable appr 46.00 reg tech 53.00 lead tech 60.00
(KAKU is non charge pole mount)

relocate ird appr 28.00 reg tech 32.00 lead tech 36.00
relocate dish appr 65.00 reg tech 70.00 lead tech 75.00
sled mount appr,reg,lead 30.00

running phone lines is not a custom charge.... it is part of the regular install

Hey chucktech

The training period is 2 weeks (well actually 10 days) classroom and then 2 weeks On The Job Training. I am not 100 % sure but I believe you can go to the next pay rate after 3 months if your numbers are good... i.e very few if any call backs, pass QC's, customer satisfaction, phone hook- ups, etc......

If your matrix is good then it shouldn't be a problem to move up the pay rate scale fast. Just do what you are supposed to do and everything will be fine.

How about this one?

Hi MASTEC. I saw your ad and if we can settle up on your and DTV's open balance I can begin Monday.

I can teach your class on the "legacy" stuff and trrouble shooting and customer relations.
I'll need a recent copy of the tech stuff on all SWMs, & bugs in the KaKu equipment.
And I'll need your check for $8000.00 in advance.

I'm tanned, rested and ready!

Joe

Gas the truck!

custom rates are:

wall fish appr 31.00 reg tech 35.00 lead tech 39.00
pole install and bury cable appr 46.00 reg tech 53.00 lead tech 60.00
(KAKU is non charge pole mount)

relocate ird appr 28.00 reg tech 32.00 lead tech 36.00
relocate dish appr 65.00 reg tech 70.00 lead tech 75.00
sled mount appr,reg,lead 30.00

running phone lines is not a custom charge.... it is part of the regular install

Now we are talking.

My rate is $60.00 on the job. Phone work aside from taking the 25 ft patch cord out and connecting it is........$60.00 per hour. And repairing phones screwed up by newbies is $60,00 per hour.

We are getting close. Remember these are the same people who instructed techs to insist receivers would catch fire if not connected to a phone line.

And I will, at no charge, show lead techs who need it how to read maps, tuck in their shirts and zip their ( my fav here) flies all the way up.

Joe

If they contacted you for a Job I doubt they are doing background checks

Claude,

Good one! And you are correct. I show up on the state court records as a successful plaintiff in collection cases twice. It would be a little uncomfortable for them to introduce the new hire to a supervisor who had already been met in court.

I did pass MASTEC background checks ...twice.

But it looks like the leopard is changing its' spots.

Joe

Sorry but I call bull on anyone that says they made 50k in that short of time installing dbs and getting that low of rates, if anyones making that kind of money in 7 months then they arent doing anything to code.

If you want to get more info about mastec then it would be a good idea to go to the installer forum here instead of asking the regular non installer members of the site.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/installer-zone/
Yeah that looked like smaoke being blown up the OP's ass.
$50 for 7 months work? It can be done of you're A( working 80-90 hrs per week. B) charging customers for everything under the sun or C) not doing the job to code/no customer service

It really irritates me when people brag about how much they make then when they are challenged on their speediness they get defensive
Quite frankly at those rates it would take a lot of hours to gross 50k in 7 months.
I call BS

Thank you for the response. I just have a few more questions.
How long is "on job training", apprentice,regular tech, lead tech? And also how much do you get paid for HD jobs? What kind of a work week are they calling for 5-6-7 days?
when I was there at Mastec it was 6 day week

yall really like to rag on mastec, how many of you actually do or have worked for them???
I did. And I know people that did and do now.
Generally, Mastec is not the most favored company to work for if you are in the satellite business.
Now you will defend your present employer.

Does Mastec offer part time jobs for people who have other things going on?

Does Mastec offer part time jobs for people who have other things going on?

mabey in the warehouse or the call center, but not as a tech, the rio system wont work with someone that can only work certain hours and they want to be able to call on you whenever they fell like it.

Last edited:
hey joe, can you believe that mastec actually provides tools and birdogs to tech at no cost now???? wtf

This is a new and different MASTEC!

I am reminded of the new cook in the old Navy (code for racist bastards). The new cook came aboard the battleship and was immediately exposed to all manner in tricks. As his bunk was short sheeted and water was dumped on him he bowed and endured all. After months of this the ship"s company assembled in the mess to address Wong the cook.

"Wong, you have been a good sport since you came aboard and we just want t to let you know your initiation is over."

"You no more trick Wong?"

No, that is all done with..........you are now our shipmate!"

"OK! Today be the first day...Wong no more to piss in mashed potatoes!"

I don't know whether I have been too hard on the M boys over the years or were they always nice except the two yards I ran into.

Your words have moved me................but I'm pissin' in their mashed potatoes for awhile.

Joe

This is a new and different MASTEC!

I am reminded of the new cook in the old Navy (code for racist bastards). The new cook came aboard the battleship and was immediately exposed to all manner in tricks. As his bunk was short sheeted and water was dumped on him he bowed and endured all. After months of this the ship"s company assembled in the mess to address Wong the cook.

"Wong, you have been a good sport since you came aboard and we just want t to let you know your initiation is over."

"You no more trick Wong?"

No, that is all done with..........you are now our shipmate!"

"OK! Today be the first day...Wong no more to piss in mashed potatoes!"

I don't know whether I have been too hard on the M boys over the years or were they always nice except the two yards I ran into.

Your words have moved me................but I'm pissin' in their mashed potatoes for awhile.

Joe
wow you like to rambel about NOTHING

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts