May get new hr44

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rugmankc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Ohio
Been with DTV over 16 years and very happy. Lately some connection issues with internet and needing to reset hr24 for picture freezing. Not sure if hr24 is going or my linksys adapter I use with ethernet for wifi is reason for connection issues. Network is Ok. Called DTV and they said if I upgrade to hr44 won't have the internet issues which are probably ethernet related. They are upgrading me to hr44, only the Genie, no clients. Don't need them. I have SWM. No extra charge per month.

I researched and of the opinion I can still use my hr24 remotes and will lose no features I have on my hr24 like pause/resume live TV. Is that true.These are important too wife, so automatically important to me. Don't want thrown into the dog house--lol

Saw Genie has PiP which hr24 doesn't.

If all true, I think it is a good move, as "she" needs the 5 tuners--:(

I am not sure DTV Tech Rep was correct as my ethernet is causing the issue. But, I see no downside to the upgrade other then the 2 year contract. But, after 16 years, no plan to move on.

Thanks

Ken

The HR44 (Genie) will have wireless internet (wifi) you can connect to your router, thus no need for the eithernet connection anymore, I did the same thing awhile back and it works very well.

You did good, Use the Genie and keep the 24, no clients, the combo your looking at will now allow you to have 7 tuners available.

Reactions: rugmankc
Thanks Jimbo,

I will only keep the hr44, so she will have to survive with 5 tuners.

I am correct though on my 2 concerns that we can still use the hr24 remotes on the Genie and still pause/resume live TV. My research says I can. Just wanted to confirm.

Ken

Thanks Jimbo,

I will only keep the hr44, so she will have to survive with 5 tuners.

I am correct though on my 2 concerns that we can still use the hr24 remotes on the Genie and still pause/resume live TV. My research says I can. Just wanted to confirm.

Ken
You can use your White remotes, but only in IR mode, they will not work in RF mode, so thats something to think about if your one that uses RF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts