mdu vip211k connecting to outside dish 500

frizzle

Original poster
Sep 10, 2012
Lincoln
Hey all I'm new to the board. I was wondering if there is a way too take my MDU vip211k dish network receiver box and connect it to my friends 500 satallite dish for our tailgate, we have a sturdy tri pod for the dish, but when we try to get the two to connect we can't get any satallite scanning. We have set the satallite to the settings recommended on the TV and have even used a satallite detector and still can't get any signal. I was wondering if there was a way to change the settings on the receiver itself or do i need to try and get another box from dish? By the way i have my service through windstream and our plan is built into our rent. If anyone has any ideas or info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.s. we do have a clear life of sight with nothing interfering

Hey all I'm new to the board. I was wondering if there is a way too take my MDU vip211k dish network receiver box and connect it to my friends 500 satallite dish for our tailgate, we have a sturdy tri pod for the dish, but when we try to get the two to connect we can't get any satallite scanning. We have set the satallite to the settings recommended on the TV and have even used a satallite detector and still can't get any signal. I was wondering if there was a way to change the settings on the receiver itself or do i need to try and get another box from dish? By the way i have my service through windstream and our plan is built into our rent. If anyone has any ideas or info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

P.s. we do have a clear life of sight with nothing interfering

No The mdu model has a QAM tuner and will not work with a dish 500 or tailgater.

Thanks for the info guys, i was afraid that was going to be the case, i would assume pulling the service card out of myreceiver and putting it in a different receiver wouldn't do anything? Once again thanks for the info guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts